Lost 3.1: "A Tale of Two Cities"

For those of you setting your Tivos and VCR, it looks like it’ll run long by a minute or two. Plan accordingly.

I’m rather proud of myself. I could be spoilered as hell by now, but I actually know very little. :slight_smile:

Did anyone do The Lost Experience over the summer? I didn’t follow it obsessively, but I did check in every once in a while, and it was interesting. Whole bunch of info about the Hanso Foundation and even a new Dharma film narrated by Alvar Hanso. Pretty cool.

I am so happy I have the night off and can watch it! I hate having to avoid the thread for a day or two as I catch up!

My pet wild theory (as opposed to the ones that I feel are strongly supported by what’s in the show), is that it was a kid like Walt who had amazing healing powers but went Akira on the Dharma Initiative (for those not nerdy enough to get the reference, lost control of abilities powerful enough to reduce Tokyo to a smoking crater). Given the option of locking the kid down until they had a solution or letting the kid die taking everyone with him they stuck him in the bunker. The “cause to die” hieroglyphs weren’t for everyone else on the island, they were for the kid locked away. Now the kid is no longer held by the lock down machinery but has it under control for the moment, but there’s a risk that it can go wild again.

But really just about anything in the bunker that’s dangerous enough to have to be locked away and monitored would be fair at this point.

First time poster, somewhat new reader although I’ve popped in from time to time. Looking forward to the new season. I REALLY want to see how the last scene fits in and how Desmond’s wife knows about the island and/or the experiment, etc.

Regarding the Lost Experience thingy, I just watched the completed video once it was all done. Highly recommended as it talks about the origin of the numbers, etc.

We’re expecting the first real rain of the season tonight, with possible thundershowers. If the electricity goes off (as it often does around here), there are going to be a bunch of royally pissed PG&E customers!!

I just re-read a transcript of the final episode last season. For those of you like me who haven’t been following anything since last season wrapped up, I highly recommend it.

What I had forgotten all about was legion.

This isn’t really a spoiler, but I’ll spoil it anyway since it refers in general (no details) to what happens in episode 6 (the last episode of the fall season). It was in the paper today:

Episode 6 will include a “huge revlation” that will “change everything about the island”, and it will contain a big cliff hanger to lead into the next part of the season in February.

Sweet merciful crap!

You know, just when I think I have the dimensions of the island down…

Oh heck. I was hoping Lost would be in Wide Screen Hi-Def, but it’s in square screen and low-def.

I was starting to be a little bored with the show. Then the season opens with this and reminds me why I love Lost.

Is Sawyer in a polar bear cage?

Skinner box!

So you think they are on an island huh? I don’t think anybody has walked or sailed all the around it yet have they? Has anybody been to the highest point and looked around to see 360 degrees of ocean?

Smart alack :wink:

Yeah, I’d cuff myself for coffee too. Can’t blame her one bit.

Cmon ABC, I think you can cut the show’s running time even more and fit another 5 minutes of commercials into an hour.

Me neither.

The next two weeks are going to be very unpleasant, huh?

“So, Juliet, what do you do for a living?”

“Well, I bake muffins, keep a nice house, run a book club, and taser guys who try to run off… All in a day’s work.”