Lost 2.11: "The Hunting Party"

First, the thread rules:

I have high hopes for this episode. I love the previews: This is our island… it’s not your island! I hope that isn’t the end of the episode. I want to see who is holding those torches…

From the ABC “Lost” site:

“The Hunting Party”: Jack, Locke and Sawyer pursue a determined Michael after he heads into the jungle toward the dreaded “Others” in search of Walt. Meanwhile, Sun has a surprising reaction to Jin’s desire to join the search party, and Hurley and Charlie commiserate over the age-old conundrum of “what women want.”

Some useful links are given below:

Thread index for Season 1 Episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Thread index for Season 2 Episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

The Official Lost Jargon Thread

Official “Lost” Questions Thread, Season 1

Official “Lost” Questions Thread, Season 2

Does anyone here think the computer message gave Michael a clue about where to look or is he just going crazy “Waaaaaallllllt!” style again?

I was wondering where this thread was.

Hi John. Hi middleman.

Woo-hoo! New “Lost”.

I usually give it till noon. :slight_smile:

I don’t know if the computer told Michael where to look. I figure there are three possibilities here–Michael is talking to Walt, Michael is being screwed with by Dharma/the Others, or Michael is hallucinating the whole thing. Because I’m sick like that, I sincerely hope it’s number three.

I think Michael is just going screwy and/or mind controlled. I don’t think the images on the computer screen are really there at all. IIRC, the screen was blank the last time he sat down and started just bashing away at the keys, then the ‘communication’ started from whoever was on the other end, not the other way around. And when Jack looked at the screen it was completely black. Granted, Michael could have slyly turned it off, but I don’t think there was anything there to begin with. Have we ever seen the screen lit up when the timer wasn’t counting down? Maybe it doesn’t actually fire up until the countdown begins to prevent unauthorized ‘communication’?

It’s so gross out here, you guys, and I am so excited to know that I have reason to keep on living! Whoo hoo - new “Lost” tonight!

Of course not. Everyone knows the most effective way to find him is to walk around aimless in the jungle screaming WAAAAAALT!!! at the top of your lungs, when you know there is a TCM out there as well as The Others-- all of whom want to kill people. Just like Michael did the last time… :slight_smile:

A reminder…last weeks episode will be rerun prior to this weeks new episode.

Worth repeating.

Woo-hoo! New Lost!!
:smiley:

Well, technically, it’s more like: “WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT! WALT! WALT! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT!” But, yeah.

I wonder what it would spell if we translated the *WALT!*s and *WAAAAAAAALT!*s into Morse Code. String everything together from the moment of the boat attack, and just go nuts.

It would probably say “Get a life, you tool.” But I still like the idea.

You guys should stop picking on Michael. As a father myself, I know that if my child were taken by the Others, I too would be wandering the jungle calling “WAAAAAAAALLLLT”.

Which is weird. My kid’s not named Walt.

I am starting to doubt Walt can ever really return as a full-time character, since the actor has grown so much in a short time.

The only way they could explain it is with some Hanso time-travel project, which would be just lame.

Oh, and by the way, is anyone else a bit let down that tonight’s flashbacks are Jack again, his second this season?

I want more Locke! Or Claire! Or Charlie! Or Libby! Or Sawyer!

Zap2it shows a Billy Graham special before the new ep.

Not necessarily. Rapid growth could be explained as a result of life-extension experiments, even if the actor grows 12" this season.

I’ll put it in a box because the preview was in one in the OP:

It’s about time someone went after the Others. The group that snatched all the tailies seemed to be unarmed. The group on the boat had were lightly armed. The bunker is full of automatic weapons. I would have gone hunting for the abductees as soon as I found out about the weapons.

Not for me. It’s probably just your cable system that’s airing the special.

It should be pointed out for people taping the episode that it’s scheduled to RUN LONG BY ONE MINUTE!!!

Yeah, much lamer than black smoke that drags someone by his ankles and shows images of what he’s thinking. It doesn’t need to be time travel… it could be growth acceleration. I think they could fit it into the story nicely, and I’m sure they will!

As far as I know, next week is another Charlie episode, and I believe there’s another Locke one coming soon.