Lost 2.10: "The 23rd Psalm"

First, the thread rules:

It’s been quite awhile since we’ve had a new episode. I was expecting to be pretty darn excited, but I find myself just pissed that the producers inserted such a big break in the season. Anyway, I don’t expect any huge revelations this week.

Also, note that there is a 1 hour recap episode before the episode. If you have a series recording set on your DVR, make sure you have it set to save more than one episode if you plan to record and you want to keep that recap. (I got burned on this “feature” during the Survivor Season finale.)

From the ABC “Lost” site:

“The 23rd Psalm” Mr. Eko interrogates Charlie about the Virgin Mary statue, Claire begins to lose faith in Charlie when she discovers his secret, and Jack is an interested observer when Kate gives the recovering Sawyer a much-needed haircut.

Some useful links are given below:

Thread index for Season 1 Episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Thread index for Season 2 Episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

The Official Lost Jargon Thread

Official “Lost” Questions Thread, Season 1

Official “Lost” Questions Thread, Season 2

Not really sure about spoiler rules here, but since I’m discussing the above spoiler…

…sounds like a pretty slow episode. I’m mostly just interested in seeing Eko’s past. Interesting that he’s going to be the one interrogating Chuck in that it sets up another parallel between him and Locke.

“Charlie” was on a talk show the other night, and they played a scene from the upcoming episode. Semi-spoilery regarding Eko’s past…

[spoiler] He’s interrogating Charlie about the virgin mary statue, and makes charlie take him to where he found it. Charlie lies and says he found it somewhere in the jungle. Eko then says “stop lying and take me to the plane”.

From the snippet it does appear Eko somehow knows about the heroin plane. He couldn’t have been on board the heroin plane, as he’d know where it was, but it’s quite a coincidence that he’d crash on the same island as the heroin plane. Of course this show is full of weird coincidences.[/spoiler]

I was wondering what that “extra” episode was. Thanks for clearing that up. I figured as much, but with this show, you never know, you know?

Eko fascinates me. Looking forward to seeing more of him tonight. I also wonder how many others (heh) are getting bored with Charlie. Maybe I’ll get over it if he sings “You All Everybody” in tonight’s episode.

Is it a new recap or the older recap?

I can hardly remember what’s been happening - it’s been so long since we had a new episode.

The clip show will catch you up through this season.

Not only will it be catching up on this season, it will be integrating the stories of the Losties and the Tailies in chronological order, rather than the lateral storytelling that confused the hell out of a lot of people for the first half of the season.

I’m just going to watch it so I can remember what happened in the last episode, which I recall being on sometime around July. :slight_smile:

Something that already happened, I believe, but spoiled just so it doesn’t give anything above away …

Didn’t Locke tell Eko about the plane when they sat down and pow-wowed before watching the Orientation film?

It’s been so long, I’m actually looking forward to watching the clip show.

I was just wondering where John Mace was with the Lost thread. I was on a couple of other sites trying to catch myself up, and was reminded of why this is the only message board I frequent.

Jebus help me, but they are some kind of stupid over there. The few decent posters who actually have something to contribute are drowned out.

Dante, just reading what you quoted gives me the shivers. Thank Og for the Dope.

I … shudder. What does this even mean? Am I speaking in tongues right now without my knowledge? Admittedly, I haven’t checked my Book of Revelations lately, but I do believe that sort of talk is a sign of the Apocalypse. I’m frightened. Will you hold me?

No, you’re speaking Korean.

:wink:

Well, see, here’s the thing. On this board, there are two main camps of Fantasy Romance People or 'Shippers (as in relationship).

One group is called Jaters. They are in favour of/hypothesize/obssess about/sit in their parent’s basement and masturbate to the relationship between Jack and Kate.

The other group is called Skaters. They, of course, favor a union between Sawyer and Kate.

Subforums include the following pairings:

Jin/Sun
Michael/Sun
Charlie/Claire
Sayid/Shannon
Boone/Shannon

I’ve already gotten a mod warning there for doing the message board equivalent of pointing and laughing… :rolleyes:

But … why? I mean, I watch the show, and I guess in some ways it’s sort of like a soap opera, but … why? The relationships are important, I guess, but what about the rest of the bizarro shit that’s going down on the island? You know: dead Walts, crazy French ladies, mystery Desmonds, Mamas-and-Papas, disappearing monsters? Who gives a flying fuckwaffle whether Jack and Kate get “maried” [sic]? The hell? Am I really this old all of the sudden? Or just spoiled from being on a message board with people who understand that “Jack” and “Kate” are not actually real people? (My goodness, I sound grumpy.)

Obviously, that is not directed at you, Dante. I just don’t understand, is all. Here we are, obsessing over whose farking glass eye was left in what cave and why, and these people are in a froth over a kiss? Gaaaaaack. To say that I fear for the future of humanity would be a severe understatement. I think I need a nap.

Don’t forget to set your alarm clock–you don’t want to miss the show. :wink:

Really. True 'Shippers still argue about whether Spike or Angel was the right one for Buffy! :smiley:

At least this board obsesses over weirder stuff, like glass eyes and heroin-filled statues.

This is probably what chaps my ass the most. With everything going on in the show, they focus obsessively on a minor romance aspect of the story. You almost feel like saying “You know, you’re just not allowed to watch anymore. Go watch The O.C. or something.”

I feel like Professor Frink on the Simpsons.

Child: Can I play with that?
Frink: No, you won’t enjoy it on as many levels as I will.

I don’t think I’m giving away any spoiler here, but the writers are on record as saying that viewers should not lose sight of the fact that the show is primarily about the characters. Of course, that’s what they want us to think!! :slight_smile:

Well, you’re not alone in that. I’ll think of you when I take my Geritol later.