Lost 3.6: I Do

OK, we’re in for a new phenomenon tonight-- the mid-season finale. This will be the last episode until Feb ’07, and the writers have promised us a real cliff-hanger with some new revelations about The Island. We’ll see. Does the “I Do” of the title refer to something about Jack getting off the island-- do you want to get off the island, Jack? A new, re-energized Locke is on an expedition to find the 3 captives, but instead has found (for those of you who hate nicknames) EPG-- Eye-Patch Guy. Will we find out who he is? Does Locke remember what was in the box that Eko showed him (ie, the glass eye)?

I’m adding a new external link (The Misfit) for those of you who want a little humor added to your “Lost” analysis. This guy cracks me up with his outlandish discoveries, but I’m beginning to think he’s actually an ABC insider-- some of his screen captures would just be too hard to find on one’s own.

Thread rules:

From the ABC “Lost” website:

** I Do** Jack makes a decision about Ben’s offer, and Kate fears that Pickett may make good on his threat to kill Sawyer

Some useful Café Society links are given below:

Thread index for Season 1 Episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Thread index for Season 2 Episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Thread index for Season 3 episodes: 1 2 3 4 5

The Official Lost Jargon Thread

Official “Lost” Questions ThreadSeason 1, Season 2, Season 3

Here are some interesting external links:

The Lost Report: A very well written summary of the most current episode often containing interesting insights. I don’t think you’ll find spoilers.

The Tail Section: Excellent site for still frame photos of key scenes, along with some good analysis. But… beware of spoilers!

Sledgeweb’s Lost… Stuff: Pretty good site, but again beware of spoilers. I use it mainly for the Timeline section, which is an incredibly detailed breakdown of “how long since…?” for almost anything you can think of (pre- and post-plane crash).

Door Map from Episode 2.17. A nicely cleaned up version of the diagram Locke saw while pinned under the lockdown doors. No spoilers.

Lostpedia: The wikipedia of Lost information. Quite a comprehensive site, but beware of spoilers!

ThEmIsFiTiShErE: The Misfit offers his whacky commentary on “Lost”. Is he a nut-case or a clever insider?

I read somewhere that this episode centers on Kate: specifically, her choice between Sawyer and Dr. Jack, as well as flashbacks to her past in which we learnshe was once married to Malcolm Reynoldswhich is another connection to the title.

I’m thinking the cliffhangar will have something to do with characters we haven’t seen in a while. Maybe a Walt and Michael discovery? Maybe an update from Desmond’s girl and the arctic dudes?

Don’t look now but it’s the Eye-Patch Guy

Who’s Malcolm Reynolds?

-Kris

Never mind, I looked it up like a good doper.

-FrL-

“I Do” probably means we’ll have the 32nd Jack flashback of the series, this time focussing on his wedding.

Or, maybe we can revisit Jun & Sun’s courtship one more time. That would be fun.

Snark aside, I hope it’s a substantial episode that provides some real answers to the big questions of the islands, and not just “will jack operate or won’t he.” If not, I don’t expect to return on Feb 7.

They definitely demonstrated their ability to hook me again last week with the VCR scene. I really hope they get around to saying something big, though.

I too am hoping for plenty of revelation to ponder until February. Oh, and at least one Sawyer-bestowed nickname wouldn’t hurt. Or at least one more “dude” from Hurley, if we get to see him at all.

I don’t know what they’ve said in the past, but recent info from the producers say that the big island revelation - whatever that is - will be later in the season. There’s still a cliffhanger on tap for tonight.

They said this episode will “change everything you know about the island”, or something close to that. But maybe that was last week’s big revelation.

Pre-emptively, TCM = Tree Crushing Monster. :slight_smile:

I sure as heck hope not. What did we learn last week about the island? That TCM was somehow related to visions maybe, and that it could do physical harm, maybe? Didn’t change much of what I knew about the island (that’s how I remember what they said, too, btw).

That there are 2 islands, and The Others have an operational base (which is another Dharma station, btw) on the 2nd island.

Oh, that was 2 weeks ago, not last week. Sorry.

It’s made of chocolate?

Oh, wait, that’s River.

I thought they said “the last two episodes will change what you know about the island . . .” So I don’t think that counts, or at least I hope it doesn’t, because they still haven’t answered many questions. Indeed, as we saw in our discussion of the two islands, the revelation was more of a question than an answer.

I found a joke video today that totally cracked me up, and I couldn’t wait to share it with the Lost Dopers. I’m breaking the link just in case (cut and paste it into your browser), because it’s on CollegeHumor.com, and while the video is safe for work, some of the content on that site is most definitely not.

http:/ /www.collegehumor.com/video:1723243

Some nice Jack attitude to open. :smiley:

Ben: Well, Jack. I have to say I’m very disappointed in your decision.
Jack: Well, Ben… at least you won’t have to be disappointed for very long.

Think about how different things might be now if Ana Lucia had been able to go ahead and pull that trigger when she got left alone in the hatch with Ben.

“I love you Monica! Or whatever your name is…”

It’s about damn time! I was getting so tired of watching the sissification of our Lostaways.

Niiiice – that’s a good one. :slight_smile: Thanks for the link!

Wonder if Jack feels spurned now (by Kate). She had too much of the “and I love him!” feel about her. It should have been enough to play the angle of “and they are going to start killing us if we don’t comply”, etc. etc. I think she gave away too much of her true feelings in that exchange with Jack.

I wonder if now we know why Alex was sticking around with the Others. I mean, she seemed to be a willing accomplice in previous episodes, but also somewhat sympathetic to the plight of the Losties. Maybe she only stayed with the Others because her boyfriend was one of them (or held captive by them… or perhaps both, one before the other).