Lottery

Hypothetical question:
If you were to win the lottery, how would your life change?
Would you leave your significant other?
What are some of the things you would do with the money?
I would pay off any bills I could, and help my friends and family out financially as well. I would certainly do some traveling (Ireland & Scotland), and depending on if my b/f pissed me off or not, I’d possibly kick him to the curb. I would also go into business for myself doing something artistic and creative. Finally, I’d do some research on charities and donate to the most worthy of them.

If I won the lottery, I’d move this thread to IMHO. Oh, and buy a small island.

As this isn’t a question with a factual answer, it more properly belongs in a different forum, and is so moved.

Thanks. Still getting used to “what thread goes where” on this board. :slight_smile:

Honestly, I don’t think anybody (who isn’t rich already) really knows what they’d do if they won the lottery. Sure, you may have ideals, but I think the reality is that your mindset, actions, etc will change somewhat. Or maybe it’s just me :slight_smile:

I’d like to say that it won’t change my life that much, but then you have to think, how can winning the lottery * not * change one’s life?

Here are my priorities (albeit a bit vague :D) if I do win:

• Buy a home and pay off any outstanding loans and bills
  • Support my parents
  • Travel
  • Invest

If I won the lottery I’d start worrying a lot less about quitting vs getting fired.

How much are we talking about here? Several million, I’m guessing, but are we talking $2M, or $250M? Just for the sake of fantasy, I’m going for the higher end of that range. :slight_smile:
-Buy a house and move into it
-Appoint said house with nice furnishings, including awe-inspiring home theater/stereo systems
-Get some cool cars: Ferrari 360 Modena (blue ext, black int); Porsche 911 Turbo (silver ext, black int); BMW M3 (silver gray ext, black int); a truck of some kind, probably a Tacoma (haven’t thought about this one as much, obviously)
-Go to driving schools, partly for fun, partly so I’d be less likely to kill myself in aforementioned cars
-Learn to play the guitar
-Play more paintball
-Start travelling, rather impulsively
-Start taking only classes I’m interested in, not things required for graduation/transfer
-Hope that my newfound material wealth doesn’t warp my personality to much
-Do stuff that is either fun or makes me feel good (and no, I’m not talking about drugs. Pulling elaborate practical jokes, for one. Altruistic donations for another)
-Help out friends and family, if they need and want it…not starting the Ender Center For Not Disgustingly Wealth Acquantainces, though