Louisiana Republicans are so dumb they blame Obama for Katrina

Its why cutting the heart out of education is so central to the GOP. A constant supply of stupid easily-led voters to lead them to victory after victory while spending less and having fewer unions to negotiate on behalf of workers (leaving more for the GOP to divvy up).
“The GOP: where Stupidity equals Money and Power”

Meh. Any time people in the Deep South are asked this stuff the numbers for Democrats are only slightly less disturbing than the numbers for Republicans. Remember this poll? We had a thread about it and a similar number of Mississippi Democrats also thought interracial marriage should be illegal.

His Time Lord name is The One. A younger John McCain was his companion, he’s getting so pissy lately because he can’t figure out how to get Obama to open his chameleon circuit watch. It all makes sense now.

I’m still mad at Obama for shooting president Garfield. I mean, why, dammit, WHY!?!?!

Had him confused with the cartoon-cat. Wouldn’t you like to shoot that cat?!

I agree. Its a poll by Democrats to make the Republicans look bad. It makes the tacit assumption that Katrina was handled badly, so there is no where for a partisan to go. A 20% crazification factor of knee jerk anti-Obama is par for the course, with a plurality saying don’t know because they disagree with the underlying assumption that Katrina was mishandled.

I’m sure a poll of Democrats asking who do you think is most responsible for the Bengazi cover-up, Obama or Sarah Palin, would get similar results.

Tried to slip one by there, didn’t you? There was no cover-up, which has been amply demonstrated.

If you read the crosstabs in the actual survey report, 14% of those that blamed Obama for the Katrina response self identified as liberal.

Not a questionable assumption.

There’s more than one way to skin a cat, but some are more entertaining that others.

Yeah. There’s some discussion of this phenomenon here.

Who is more responsible for the Benghazi cover-up? Cookie Monster or Voldemort?

Our own Adaher has already started calling Clinton a conservative and a Blue Dog (Democrats who are so conservative that several of them have actually become Republicans).

What do you want more than anything in the world?
Believe it or not, it’s a car that bursts into flames when you signal left.

That tells me they purposely didn’t look for many.

That’s my point. The question I asked makes the tacit assumption that there was a Benghazi cover-up, so there is no correct answer for someone who, rightly, doesn’t think there was a cover-up. Similarly for those Republicans who think that Katrina wasn’t mishandled, there is no correct option.

For the record, a look at my posting history will demonstrate that I have no love for Bush nor hatred for Obama. I just don’t like reading too much into polls whose questions are so obviously partisan, as they really just represent cheer leading.

Agreed. Plus a lot of the time these questions are hidden among others: Who is more responsible, Bush or Obama for, the poor economy, the national debt, the deficit, crime, drug use, prostitution, decline of civilization, legal marijuana, the post-Katrina response, poor health care, high taxes, lack of prayer in school, high numbers of abortion, etc.

You’ve got Republicans ticking Obama down the line and they miss the one that doesn’t make sense. The poll asked a bullshit question and got a bullshit answer.

Oh. Well, actually, those are all mine. Sorry. :o

And the Republicans answering the poll have been fed the bullshit that Obama is to blame for everything.
And should read the questions.

I would imagine that the number of Louisiana residents (even 'Pubs) who think this is within the margin of error and probably meaningless for this discussion. If this had been a nationwide (or really even multi-Southern state) poll, this criticism would have more weight.

Oh golly, it sure would suck if we asked people who VOLUNTEERED for a poll to actually fucking think about their answers (especially 'Pubs). And your list is false equivalence, you are mixing things (near) universally seen as “an issue” (albeit, in the case of marijuana from opposite sides - which would lead to the interesting result that one side might say the name with blame and the other side might say the same name with credit) with things that are seen as “an issue” by one side, but not the other.