Madonna has lost her ****ing mind in this custody dispute

Happened to Loretta Lynn.

I didn’t say it was recommended, but not only is it possible but there are many, many instances in the real world of such situations. A 50 year old is, indeed, old enough to be the grandmother of a 23 year old.

It’s a private family matter despite what mom thinks is a good idea atm.

Hope they enjoy the day. Festive greetings.

While there certainly are some women who have children at 14, it’s rather rare in the U.S. at the moment. Heck, among the people I know, 28 is at the lower end of the typical age for mothers. Two generations with mothers having children at 14 is quite rare in the U.S. at the moment.

Actually, it didn’t:

“According to the state of Kentucky, Loretta Webb was born in Johnson County, Ky. in 1932, making the icon 80-years-old, instead of 77 as previously suspected. Even more suspicious is the year on her marriage license to her late husband, O.V. “Mooney” Lynn, which shows the two tied the knot on Jan. 10, 1948. This proves that the singer was married just shy of her 16th birthday, not at 13 as told in ‘Coal Miner’s Daughter.’”

Hang on, that would mean Hollywood wasn’t telling the truth.

We don’t know the parenting skills of the dad. Has he ever raised a child? Enforced rules and handed out discipline? Its not uncommon for a teen to favor the “easy” parent. The one that wants to be their buddy and just hang out together. This kids experiences with dad are based on short visits. Dad’s eager to be nice and show his visiting son a fun time. That will change if he gets the kid full time and becomes responsible for him.

Madonna’s daughter, Lourdes Leon seems to have turned out really well adjusted. I have to say Madonna has been in the trenches for awhile parenting 4 kids.

Guy Ritchie has three children with his current wife. Their ages are 4, 3, and 1. He just got married to his wife this year. Besides Rocco, their 15-year-old son, Ritchie and Madonna have a 10-year-old adopted son David:

Apparently he has parenting skills then. :wink: I never heard of the guy other than being Madonna’s ex.

This really is a private matter they’ll need to resolve. Its unfortunate it will play out in public.

You never heard of him? Then apparently you don’t keep up with the movie scene very well. Ritchie has directed eight feature films, at least four of which have done quite well critically and/or at the box office. He’s 47 years old, which is, yeah, ten years younger than Madonna, but he’s no kid who’s completely unfamiliar with parenting.

She would have been 31, which is still awfully young.

I once shared a hospital room with a 31 year old woman who had a sixteen year old son. She seemed to be a nice, adjusted person, who maybe had just had “an accident” At one point she got off of the phone with the young man and was laughing her head off. She told me she had instructed her son to start the car each day, to let it run a little, but NOT to drive it. Now, on the phone, she’d told him that she’d copied the miles on the odometer before coming to the hospital. She said that when sh’e informed her son of THAT there had been dead silence on the other end of the phone, and “He’s probably trying to figure out right now how to turn the miles back on the car!”

The non-custodial parent has a tough time really parenting one weekend a month. You’re grounded! (for the weekend) doesn’t work very well. :wink: Or the kid brought home a bad report card and the custodial parent has already given the stern lecture and punishment. The other parent would look like a jerk doing the same thing two weeks later.

Like it or not the non-custodial parent becomes the “nice parent”. The one that clears their entire schedule for that one weekend a month to devote to the kid. Buys tickets to the sports games. Takes them places. All for that one weekend a month. It’s only natural that anybody would treat that one weekend a month as a special time with their kid.

It’s not surprising when a kid decides they rather live with the non-custodial parent full time. Then suddenly a real parent/child relationship has to be created. Setting boundaries and rules. The parent and kid need their own private time and space. Everything changes compared to a one weekend a month parent.

Do you actually think that Madonna, who has dragged her son on her world tour for much of the year and has been photographed with him drinking when he was 13, isn’t the ‘nice’ parent??

There is some truth to this, BUT kids are often more realistic in their perceptions than we give them credit for. There’s a reason why custody and visitation rulings are not enforceable after a certain age. In my state, it’s 12 for visitation and 14 for custody.

I don’t know. But since she’s raising 4 kids, firm boundaries and rules have to be established. Otherwise they’d drive her insane. :wink: Kids will take over if you let them. Just reading about them they seem pretty well behaved. Not the typical spoiled celebrity brats we often read about. But I obviously only know what’s been reported.

I’ve talked with coworkers and friends that are divorced. They’ve all mentioned the challenges of weekend parenting. I’m so thankful my wife and I got through our rough patches. Found a way to stay together. There were times it wasn’t easy.

So, what’s Sean Penn, chopped liver???

The link only says “According to the state of Kentucky”; there is no reference to how the state verifies this. Apparently, nobody cited a birth certificate. (unless I misread the linked article)

Unless chopped liver is capable of tying its wife to a chair, holding her hostage, torturing her, raping her, beating her with a baseball bat, etc., then, no, Sean Penn is not chopped liver.

Yeah… about that

The Material Girl went on record Thursday to say that Sean Penn never beat or abused her, according to court papers