MADs: BluesClan Farewell Party Sunday 8/17

JC - I’ll offer up a prayer to the Software Deities. (I think they’re amongst Discworld’s ‘Small Gods’. ;)) Hope to see you and the rest of the Chances this afternoon.

Anita - sounds yummy!

TTO and panache - whatever you bring, it’ll be fine. Bring yourselves, that’s the important thing.

Keith - please join the party if you can.

Gingy - salad stuff is good. See you in a few hours!

Tris - it’s a rare month that we don’t do something, these days, so the odds are good. Sorry you can’t be here today, though.

And to anyone else, the invite is still open. Post so we’ll know to expect you!

Heck, we’re even thinking of moving the Dope-A-Ween so RT can attend.

There’s always something going on.

Hmmm…its a little short notice since I just saw this thread, but I’ll try and swing by. I might be a wee bit late though.

We’re leaving shortly. Dave had to mow his parents’ lawn as Dad is outta town. Never fear, we will be there!

By my count, we had 25 people crowded onto my deck to see the Bluesclan off. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I had a fine time. There’ll be a MADfest in Tampa, no question.

Someone left a small child’s stuffed toy - a small green stuffed critter that makes noises when you pull on a string - in a grayish AAFES plastic bag. Whoever it belongs to, I can return it at a later Dopefest.

I’ll post pix sometime in the next couple of nights - right now, I’m exhausted!

Not us. We only left behind what we wanted to leave!

Thanks, again, RT. We had a swell time. Kate adored the swimming pools.

That was me, RT. That was the Bluesclan’s gift to Aaron for his birthday. Le sigh.

Just a brief update from the Bluesclan. First, we had a smashing time at the party. It was really a very nice way to be sent off. Thanks to everyone that came out, and when we said come to Tampa, we meant it, darnit!
We made it out to Tampa without incident, except for a brief encounter with one of North Caronlina’s finest. Did anyone know that it was required in NC to pull over to the farthest lane when a police officer has someone stopped by the road? We didn’t either.

We think we have found the house we want. We (actually, Bluesman enter the wonderful world of actually trying to buy said house next week. The reason I won’t be participating is that I am headed up to Montgomery, AL this Monday to spend four weeks attending Commissioned Officer Training at Maxwell AFB. I’ve heard mention of 5 a.m. PT and various other activities involving yelling and mud. Hooah.

I’m now posting from the base library, and I don’t know what sort of internet access I’ll have for the next four weeks, but I’ll try to pop in and say hi from time to time.