Mafia Reunion Day 4

Day off, only 6 pages to catch up on and re-read non-fluff from the Night. Woot the friggin woot

Boozahol has been low on my radar since this:

That’s Normal Phase on D1. I’ve been getting small pings from Booze, but nothing that rose to the level of my mistaken case on ToeJam or my potential case on Pleonast.

I agree with Ender that D4.48 comes off as very self-conscious. I was the target of Angel’s suspicion yesterDay/last Night as well, but my first thought wasn’t “That looks bad for me,” but rather “At least I can file her opinions under ‘known townie thoughts.’”

This adds to the existing case and continues with the leg work I have put off. Boozahol was on my early short list of people who needed a deep delve, but never made the top of the list when I had the time. I think I’ll get around to it tomorrow, but for now, I’ll rely on my gut and the cases others have presented.

[color=blue]vote Boozahol Squid P.I.

Thanks, it was that extra step that I was taking.

Vote Diggit Camara

I still think there’s a strong case that Diggit is scum (did I really do the third wow on him yesterDay? No-one opens spoilers anymore) with Boozy a close second. I have, however, not noticed any sort of opposition to these cases - indifference maybe, but does anyone have a town lean on either of them?

Meh, it’s all part of the game. Sure, lynching scum feels great but I shed no tears over dead town, maybe a meh or a bleuch out of frustration.

DK’d, so wonder away.

And not just that, the subset of wolves who joined jsgoddess and Thing Fish on Pleo.

I get your point but you lost me here, it would be highly unusual for scum to do what Angel did for a teammate. Scum for a townie, sure. A townie for a townie, yeah. A town, unwittingly, for scum or third party - definitely.

I know it’s just one of several scenarios but “needed a town person to try to lynch” sounds so so so weird.

Flame out from the guy that invited us all here. With screenshots, ffs. In a Mafia game that is already huge and cantankerous without trying to strategize and parse through flames and meta crap. Consider it a solitary example of my voting to put someone out of their apparent misery with prejudice in my Mafia career, and a sincere prescription for some quality time with a bacon cheeseburger once he flipped.

A dead vanilla townie is arguably more trusted than a living one, short of trusted investigation results showing them to be Town while they are still alive. Immortalizing words of a Townie ‘clearing’ a Scum would be a valid strategy imho.

I mentioned it in my post about Khameleon, but it was a little buried so I’ll repeat it.

Barring some other source of data or analysis, I am going to consider voting (or advocating a vote) for Idle Thoughts to be a null tell. He had to go, and he went.

Anybody who tries to build a case on a player solely based on a vote for Idle, even after he posted his screenshot, is going to get the hinky eye from me. Not only is it a lazy accusation, but it’s a wrongheaded one.

Idle may have been town, but that doesn’t mean lynching him wasn’t the right move. It sucked, because we lost a legitimate lynch, but it was the right move.

Slight OOG

I think I am finally over the flu and should be back to higher participation. Apologies for disappearing.

Clearing somebody based on the word of a confirmed vanilla townie would be a horrible idea. Their opinion should carry a little more weight is all since we know their motivations are pure.

(FWIW, I have Prof in the town column for a similar gut feeling to Angel, but it’s my own feeling and doesn’t depend on her take. Given my track record so far this game, you should be putting more weight on Angel’s opinion.)

And if you already know Prof P’s alignment and he flips as Scum, you might be setting up a handy little smear bomb for a bunch of people, depending on why you’d know.

Idle was being an exceptionally unpleasant player to play with.

That’s why I put cleared in quotes. A few bits of potential townie cred, if that sounds better. I didn’t say it was a good strategy, just valid.

Just wanted to echo this somewhat. I’m fine with you choosing to use your power as you see fit, but if you justify your choices by saying it was an opinion/request of other players in the public game thread, I’m inclined to remind you that that includes a lot of untrustworthy folk.

If we have two lynches, I don’t see what could possibly be bad about a tie decided by random.org?

[QUOTE=storyteller0910]
[li]In the event of a tie, the moderators will consult Random.org. You probably want to avoid this if you can.[/li][/QUOTE]

A sort of a mislynch, really? There are still 5 wolves left, and it’s better to lynch mafia?
Happy birthday SNF, Plump, and Punxsutawney Phil Sowerby…

So no fear of being NK-ed, godfather or alpha?

Significant? And scum would know this how?

Move on? Really?

Oh the ironing.

What odds? 41 out of 55 players were alive.

It’s both. They aren’t exclusive. I don’t understand why several people seem to be unable to grasp the concept that there can be LUTHA AND other 3P roles at play. For LUTHA to be hostile win stealers with a kill would IMO be imbalanced and unlikely. For LUTHA to exist as a nonhostile nonexclusive 3P faction and have other 3P say a SK, would not be imbalanced and more likely. What about the two posts you quoted led you to the conclusion that I was posting two conflicting exclusive possibilities?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

It’s not bad enough three of us have done WOWs, people are still asking for more info on the case or if anyone has made a wow…

This is a very interesting catch. I agree in thinking it’s fishy to not be worried about dying.

+1

Yes!

IANAPaul but we have claimed 3rd parties and conjectures and it was pretty clear from his context which he was referring to in his first post.

I sense the presence of an oncoming

DAY 3 VOTE COUNT
As always there are no powers, hidden or open, that can affect the vote count. If you see an apparent discrepancy, it’s the result of moderator error.

Boozahol Squid PI (5 votes)
Captain Klutz (45), EnderW24 (102), Biotop (180), snfaulkner (192), Hooker Chemical (262)

Khameleon (3 votes)
Johnny Bravo (26), Hoopy Frood (52), Prof. Pepperwinkle (154)

Prof. Pepperwinkle (3 votes)
Pleonast (121), Nanook (152), bufftabby (197)

DiggitCamara (3 votes)
Paulwhoisaghost (20), Totallost (172), GuiriEnEspana (263)

Hooker Chemical (1 vote)
Lakai (46)

Day Three will end at 3:00PM Eastern Time on Sunday afternoon, February 5, or in slightly less than 48 hours. On account of important sporting events, the Day will end very promptly if I have any influence on it. Expect Dusk to have a distinctly football-ish color to it. Please submit any and all Day actions before this date and time.