Mafia V: The Cult of Sekham

Looking out for old friends eh? I see how it is.
FOS Hal!

And for good measure…FOS storyteller. (That guy manages to end up as scum at least once every game he is in. This means something. :dubious: )

Couple notes and clarifications. I see this in a couple character descriptions.

Does this mean they can’t talk at all during the night? I would assume they can do meaningless chatter, as can others, or else they’ll give themselves away. Also

I’m assuming the “Believers” in the first sentence was supposed to be “Non-Believers”, yes?

Means the Psychopath wins if he’s still alive when some other end condition is met. The way it reads it could technically mean he wins as soon as he’s activated. I don’t think anyone would make that mistake, but we have seen how games can get derailed over minor points like this in the past.

Also, having something official about the roles being determined by random.org wouldn’t hurt.

You don’t know how hard it was for me, at the end of Mafia II, in the forbidden thread. I was wanting to post, in a singsong voice, “Somebody’s telling stories…”, but I kept my yap shut because you were playing such a great game and I didn’t want to mess that up.

Enjoy,
Steven

Oh yes, I’m in! I’ve got the cats, the catnip and the ingredients for margaritas!

AND your Cats are psychic!

Ooh, I want to play if there’s still room!

I’d like to play this time, having missed out on the previous 3.

Okay, I’m in!

Confirmed

I find these conditions confusing, especially the final statement in each block. Are these consequences, additional condtions? Wha?

What constitutes the set ‘Town’?
Condition #1 and #4 set up a conflict, I think. Which one has priority? Or are the conditions inclusive rather than exclusive?

It think it is best to get these conditions clear before roles go out so there’s no needless chatter about why someone (ME) is so concerned about blahblah’s win condition.

Huzzah! New players!

Obviously no knock against the veterans, but I think we can all agree – new blood is vital to keeping things fresh…

That doesn’t mean anything. It was just my way of explaining why they couldn’t strategize at night a la the Cultists.

I tried to be creative to come up with reasons why the roles had their powers and limitations. I was running under the assumption that all the drinking and chatting happens in the evening and the Night Actions happen when everyone is sleeping.

Yes, that condition should read: “The Non-Believers win if there are no Cultists remaining and the Believers equal or exceed 50% of the Town population. Believers and Cultists Lose.”

The “Must remain alive” condition is meant to be in addition to, not in place of, his regular unactivated condition. I will re-post the ending conditions to clarify a couple of things.

…I think I may have copied and pasted from a previous draft. :eek: :smack:

I coulda sworn I’d put that in there too. For the sake of preempting a potentially messy discussion, I will be using random.org to assign roles.

Confirming!

Rules 1 and 4 are meant to be similar to the Mason win conditions from Mafia III. I will post a revised version of the win conditions in a moment where I’ve attempted to clarify.

ETA: Any questions about win condtions should be PMed to me after roles have been handed out to avoid meta-gaming.

May I suggest that this should apply to nearly all questions about the rules? Any open communication with the moderator apart from questions about when the Day ends and requests for a vote count seem to open themselves up to meta-gaming pretty well.

Role clarification:
Will cultists voting for the avatar will also be subject to this death condition?
By “die int he night immediately” does that mean die the beginning of the night (i.e. end of the day? Or will the death be posted at dawn?

Seconded.

Yes, and it is in the Rules. I just wanted to make sure that he was aware of it, that if a rule question comes up after roles are handed out, it’s not the end of asking questions.

As long as the moderator posts the question and the answer anonymously so everyone can see it. (If it’s something that would normally be seen by everyone.)

Ooh. Good question. If so, that’s cool as hell, because it adds one more layer to the eternal question, “will scum vote for scum?”

Yes, it will apply to cultists as well. If this part of the role is activated, the death of the one whom Sekham has smitten will be part of the end of day post and will be considered part of the conditions going into the night. Such that, he cannot be saved by the priest or Disciple, his role will be revealed, and, if he’s a cultist, the n for the Alchemist will be the number of cultists after his death.

Ok, I’ll play if there’s room.

If not put me on as a sub.

::goes to read the insanely complicated ruleset ;)::

–FCOD