Magic powers you apparently have

When I lose something I like to pretend I’ve performed a magic trick on myself - I’ve somehow applied the principles of misdirection, switching, sometimes sleight of hand - I just haven’t learned how to focus these powers to use them at will. Sometimes I manage to bring back the object ("And voila!! It’s moved to the other room and it’s on the coffee table!) But again, I’m not very good at it.

I can get fingerprints on my glasses without touching them. I don’t know what use this skill has, but it’s been “confirmed” multiple times.

Also, I may be able to start fires, but I’m not sure. There’s a fire station up the block and it seems like the few times I open my window during the day, just then the fire trucks come out with the horns honking super loudly and sirens blaring. Obviously they come out many times during the day, but the odds seem higher than random chance that it happens the moment I open my window. It probably usually isn’t a fire; more likely a medical emergency or a false alarm. As I said, I’m not very good at this.

What are some of your “magic powers”?

Thank you.

Sometimes, as I’m beginning to awaken, in the morning I feel like I can see through my eyelids. Like, I can look around my room with my eyes still closed, and see everything, just as it is.

Sometimes I can look at a scum fresh out of rehab, look in their eyes, and just know that while he won’t initially grab another drink the first chance he gets… that he’s still the same thieving no-good sonofabitch that went in. And I don’t have to wave a shot glass of bourbon under his nose to know it either.

I know. God knows. You haven’t changed a single effing bit and you Know it.

Crazy woman magnet. Good looking ones. Been that way since college. Boggles my friends minds. Then crazy stuff happens, newsworthy crazy stuff.

I am able, in a supermarket, bank or any other type of establishment, to make the movement of a line come to a screeching halt merely by standing in it.

I can turn traffic lghts green at will. Or more like at anti-will.

All I need to do is remember somebody I need to txt, or something to add to the shopping list before I forget. Where a red light would be the perfect interlude to peck at my phone for 30 seconds.

Instead I’ll be rewarded with a 5-mile 7-minute run of pure sweet, sweet green lights.

Wash or wax my car, hose off the undersides, clean the wheels, including the inner barrels and brake calipers: A rain shower for sure, even during an otherwise dry spell.

Throw some grass seed down on my lawn: We get a dry spell that would make Nevada look like Seattle.

Besides keeping my vehicle clean and overseeing the lawn, I’m still trying to fine tune the balance for a happy medium.

At work, sitting at my desk, the phone won’t ring for hours. If I get up, there’s a dead man’s switch under my seat that then trips, and the phone rings.

Also, similarly, I can loaf for long stretches, then I’ll decide to get up to be productive with busywork, but then a small parade of customers will show up.

Same here. The sure-fire way to make sure that I get green lights is to need to write something down, or do something else that’s best done while sitting at a red light.

I make products go on sale within one week by purchasing them.

Just wanted to note that your real power is spelling “sleight” correctly. :slightly_smiling_face:

I do this too. Also, I work in a call center, and have been known to get callers to drop off between the “incoming” beep and the “you’re connected” beep by muttering “go away” or something similar. After a few dozen brain donors who refuse to comprehend any reality that does not fit their sacred whims, it does get tiresome. We do have intelligent, mature, reasonable callers, but they are a rare treat in my irkday.

My husband is what is known on TV Tropes as a Walking Techfix. I have seen him get computers, a freezer making funny noises, and so forth, to start behaving just by turning his attention to them. This can happen before he touches the offending item. He’s not 100%, but does do a lot better than I think chance would support.

Another one I share, with a corresponding effect on traffic lanes while driving.

My father went to rehab.
My mother was a substance abuse counselor (specializing in family recovery)
I’ve been around addicts most my life.
You be careful who you call scum.

I can alienate people just by speaking the truth.
I can come up with plausible explanations for life’s mysteries and make them hate me forever.

I had a similar magic power in my youth when I only had a black and white TV. I often used to doze off with the TV on, and when I woke up again, for a short time I could watch whatever was on in colors. Only after coming fully to my senses, the picture switched back to black and white.

That’s me with computers. I’ve been working as an IT guy most of my professional life, and it very often happened that I only had to come close to the desk of the colleague who had called for help, and the issue went away. In one of my companies, I had the reputation of a kind of computer wizard.

OTOH, when I was at college, one of our profs told us students a little secret about a colleague: he was known for crashing every computer he happened to simply walk by.

I don’t think its Magic, but I can turn Beer into Urine. Too bad I can’t do the reverse. Well, I can make Coors.

I’ve been buzz-cutting my hair for about 2 decades. About 6 months ago I decided to let it grow out. It’s at about 4-5 inches now and apparently the hair on the top of my head is not subject to gravity. I’ve got a completely natural faux-hawk. Nothing I do will make it stay down. I’d shave it all off, but it’s hilarious.

Have you tried Gorilla Glue? I hear that people are talking about it . . .

I have this power too! I always feel sorry for the people who get in line behind me.