MAJOR SYSTEM PROBLEMS

As I’m sure everybody now knows, we’re having some serious problems here.
The technical word for it is “screwed.”

General Questions is totally non functioning. The other forums seem to be all right – so far – but I’m not making any promises.

As our techs work to get things happening, we ask for your patience.

We’re trying to get things back to normal – or what passes for normal around here – soonest.

Thanks.

your humble TubaDiva/SDStaffDiv
for the Straight Dope

Oh Great Goddess Of The Board, if you have to do a complete reboot of the board, I for one would understand. Go forth and kill the problem, be it human or machine. Our prayers, spells and incantations are with you.

Our ace technical staff, crosses and skulls in hand, have already laid major juju on the board and it’s still not responding.

Apparently this fix is gonna take a little more than the usual chanting and etc.

Anybody got any spare chickens lying around?

(I’d go looking for a virgin but I suspect we’re fresh out.)

your humble TubaDiva/SDStaffDiv
for the Straight Dope
Moral: Never buy software with the “Mattel Symbol of Excellence” on the box.

Hey, if you all reboot and something goes wrong and out names are all mixed up, Can I be Satan? Or God? Any major diety is better than a young elephant king! Oh, wait, maybe some Dopers are Indian…

You need a virgin?
Hey ARG220, we need you!

{{{I’d go looking for a virgin but I suspect we’re fresh out.}}}—TubaDiva

:::checking eBay listings:::

Oxen
Bulls
Rams
Lambs…two for the price of one.
Turtledoves
Spinning toilets…nope! No virgins this week.

:::hiding my kids:::

Kalél
Common ¢ for all ages…
“Well, there was that thing with the Cheese-Wiz…but I’m feeling much better now!” – John Astin, Night Court

Geeze Jen, I see what you mean about the meltdown in GQ!

Maybe the evaluation period, or even the warranty expired?

Kalél
Common ¢ for all ages…
“Well, there was that thing with the Cheese-Wiz…but I’m feeling much better now!” – John Astin, Night Court

Well, I wasn’t expecting much in the genital, I mean general forum anyway. What’s with these lame topics? I don’t often think of a General question on the level of holes in shoepolish cans, but…still

TubaDiva wrote:

:::Ahem!::: I saw the Batvirgin light shining in the clouds. Where am I needed? I’m ready to be of service. :slight_smile:

LOL! Snark, I was trying to come up with a witty repsonse like that, but you beat me to it! Well, if the Batvirgin needs a sidekick, I’m ready to serve as well. :slight_smile:

Would you consider becoming a bat-eunuch? (Or are you female?)

I’m female, dear. So, no. :wink: And apparently our powers worked to bring GQ back up… (And y’all can take that any damn way you want. ;))

Ya know, I once bought a sweater made of virgin wool but it was too tight.