Male/female groin shots

Interesting accounts guys, keep them coming and we may get to the bottom of this. By the way, the only time i’ve seen a female hit in the vulva was back in school about 4 years ago, a guy and his girlfriend were queing for lunch an he was swnging his plastic tray back and forwards. Anyway he hit her in the crotch (on purpose, i think he was just playing around) and she mouthed “ouch” and held herself for a while.

Male, and no, nothing happened to me (except for the occasional football in the groin incident while playing football)… I was empathising with Spline32, i.e. just the thought of his condition etc…

Well, from my own experience, being kicked in the groin effing hurts. Was playing soccer last week, and had a ball kicked, at very short range, straight into my groin. I doubled over. There were tears in my eyes, it hurt like nobody’s business. Don’t know if it hurt more than a man having a football kicked into his groin at similar range, but it did hurt. A lot.

Ok, so I’m a hockey goal keeper (female), well ex-goal-keeper for about 6 months. And getting hit there basically hurts as much as getting hit anywhere else, well at least in my experience.

One of my martial arts training partners is a female black belt. We regularly do drills that involve mild to medium contact groin strikes, and she rarely wears a cup. A light contact groin strike is no big deal to her, but that same strike would floor me (or any other guy) if I wasn’t wearing a cup.

We kicked each other in the groin several dozen times last night, pretty firmly. She’s fine today, but if I hadn’t been wearing a cup I would at the very least be extremely uncomfortable and unhappy, if not receiving medical attention somewhere.

For the purposes of clarity, perhaps all posters should start out by stating which gender they are…

I’m a male. ( I was tempted to say, " I’m Gumby, dammit "… :stuck_out_tongue: ) I haven’t taken a shot down there since I was in Jr. High. I threw up immediately, was dizzy and nauseous for many hours, saw dark red and black splotches in my field of vision.

Oddly enough, ( and this is such a weird thing to be posting here but what the heck ) I suffered acute “blue balls” with my first girlfriend. At the worst of it, I was doubled over with agony- and it was more or less identical to the pain of a strike to the testicles. ( no snarky remarks about whether or not she hit me there. She did not. In fact, there was no direct contact at all, it was only the arousal of kissing that got me into that pained state ).

My daughter who is now 12 and change has taken a few hits to that general area but has never shown any level of pain response near what I felt at her age when hit there. Then again, I’ve not exactly been as graphically accurate in my questions post-injury as we are all being here. " Honey, are you okay down there? " is about as far as I’ve needed to get, since her response was not an acute one indicating serious trauma. I’m guessing I’m not the only Doper Dad who’d find it nigh impossible to say to his child, " honey, did that hockey stick catch you in the clitoris? "

:eek:

Cartooniverse

I’m surprised no one has cited this classic thread.

(BTW, I’m male, and taking a good solid shot is crippling, for a while anyway.)

And you couldn’t be hit below the belt, because girls don’t have anything down there. <Chris Griffin - Family Guy>

My kids’ sensei (female) said that she had been kicked in the groin several times painfully enough to drop her in tournament or training. Based on her experience, and what some other people have said, some women will feel some pain (much more than they would if they were hit in the thigh, rather than the groin), whereas pretty much every guy would feel mucho pain, because, as QtM has pointed out, the delicate parts are for the most part inside with the ladies and outside with the gentlemen; some ladies are sensitive enough to feel the blow painfully even though no real damage is being done, but, so far as I know, it isn’t possible for a guy to “toughen up” to the point where a swift boot to the jimmies isn’t going to be a moment to remember.

Perhaps a more accurate measure would be to ask, instead of a standard man & woman standing side-by-side, how about a man whose testicles have been pulled up into his, well, wherever they go when they retract? Not that I’m gonna volunteer for that test…

Probably a more useful guide to understanding would be, instead of getting kicked there hard enough to blacken an eye,

•getting slapped there hard enough to kill a feeding mosquito

• getting slapped there about as hard as you can slap with just the four fingers of your own hand (no palm contact)
The second one is going to down most guys and have them turning pale and doing the clammy sweats and they won’t be doing much better than with the eye-blackening kick, at least for a while.

Even the first one is going to make guys double over and hold their thighs if they’re able to remain standing at all.

Women?

Well I have had a few painful incidents, but nothing really that seems to compare to the agony that men experience. I also had a bike incident, where I ran over a large woodchip. Instead of going over it though, my bike just ground to a complete stop. I, unfortunately, did not, and rammed straight into the diagonal bar (no idea what it’s called, but it’s the one below the horizontal bar on a man’s bike) That hurt like hell, and I was only like 8 or 9. But it was all pretty local pain - no pain in the stomach or anything.

However, as a small aside, I often wondered how “real” the sympathy pains that men display were - you know, every man in the theater wincing when a guy gets kneed. That is, until, I watched one of those “If These Walls Could Talk” episodes, dealing with unwanted pregnacnies. There was a scene involving Demi Moore and a knitting needle (I won’t elaborate), and the pain - true, actual, physical pain - that I experienced watching that scene removed all doubt. And that pain, by the way, DID go up into my stomach; it was very much what I always imagined a groin kick feels like to a man. And if that is how it feels, I’ll never kick a man there without a really, really good reason.

And silly me, I thought this thread was about photography…

Having played boys’ soccer in High School (cup wearing was uncommon with our team for some reason), there ain’t much that can hurt like a good foot to the groin. One particularly bad kick left me unable to breathe for what seemed like a very long time.

I saw girls get kicked down there on a couple of occasions, and while I’m sure it hurt, it clearly didn’t hurt them as badly as it did a boy. Interestingly, I saw a fairly well-endowed girl take a ball right in the boobs (you know, one of those laser-straight kicks delivered by the goalie from about fifteen feet away) and she fell like bag of cement, clutching at her chest.

Methinks that’s a bad area for a girl to take a hit, if the blow is delivered in just the right place, and perhaps especially at certain times of the month.

Qadgop is on the right track here. A valid comparison between genders would be for a woman to be kicked in the groin and a man to be kicked in the penis but with no testicular involvement. I can guarantee that being kicked in the penis is going to be severe, severe pain, what with all the innervation there. But being kicked in the testes is a whole different planet. Not that the pain is necessarily that much worse (although it is), it is a different kind of pain.

Or we could go the experimental route. First, we kick the men in the balls. Then we send them wandering through the mountains, looking for snakes copulating. When you find the snakes, kill the male snake with your staff. Hey, it worked for Tiresias. That’s the only way we could get a direct comparison.

I did once read that the same nerve endings that are in a man’s testicles are located in a woman’s vulva. Is there any truth in this or have i got my wires crossed?

On a side note we’re still getting wildy contrasting experiences from it hurting no more than a strike anywhere else, to being complete agony (complete with loss of vision and nausia)

I have never been kicked in the groin hard enough to give me a black eye. It hurts just to think about it.

(Yeah, I know what the post meant, but I couldn’t help thinking that.)

Actually, I have been kicked in the groin hard enough to cause significant bruising, and it hurt like nobody’s business. I couldn’t sit down properly for ages.
And FWIW, I’m female.

From the accounts i’ve read on here, the assumption of the vulva being equal to a penis and empty scrotum (as far as pain receptors go) doesn’t seem to be true at all. A kick in the penis would be at the no more than unpleasant and the scrotum is no more sensitive than the backside (for me at least). I’m sure someone must have done a study on this but i can find nothing at all on Google.

I’m female. Using Ahunter3’s scale, with a slap as hard as I can with the four fingers of my hand, it hurts significantly more than a similar slap on my leg or arm, but not enough to be at all disabling. There’s the same stinging slap feeling, plus more ‘I’ve just whacked something very sensitive’ underneath the sting, which lasts for a bit, but I’m perfectly able to stand and function, with no travelling pain, blacking out, curling up into a fetal position and whimpering, etc. I’ve seen guys disabled by what had to be pretty light taps, like the friend who was laying on the floor and idly tossing a hair brush up and down about a foot or two, who was curled up and moaning for a minute when he missed and it landed on his groin. I don’t think that would have hurt me at all.

I dunno. To me it seems pretty clear from all the posters (especially given QtM’s medical opinion on the matter, that the pain is much worse for men.

Forget being slapped with four fingers even! Just a quick flick of one finger on my testicles will cause significant pain. I doubt any women will be in as much pain from a quick rap to the vulva.

Some of you just are not getting it. This applies to most of the girls and oddly, to some of the guys. QtM and others have been trying to explain nicely that the pain experienced is not comparable. It is not a matter of degree like the comparison between a soft slap and a hard slap states. Rather, trauma to the testicles produces a pain that is not comparable to pain on any other part of the body. It is a completely unique sensation. It is impossible to describe completely, but it is a very deep dull pain (not at all like a sharp slap, a pinch, or a burn) that triggers a reflex to bend over and defend the testicles and then spreads up the body and produces a nauseated feeling. This is not a good comparison but it is the best I can come up with. The pain is a dull pain like a migraine headache, but in the testicles, that spreads up the body and produces a sickly feeling much like an extreme headache would.

Ladies, to feel the same sensation you are you to have to dig deep inside yourselves (sorry) and traumatize an ovary. Are any of you up for the challenge which is sort of like a female version like Jackass?