Man Dies From Menopause - Film at 11

Dude, now I know what to do next time I have a PMS breakdown in Sam’s Club!

(My husband and I laugh now, five months or so later, but at the time, it wasn’t funny - I was going through the worst case of PMS I’ve had in years due to going off the Pill. I literally stopped in the middle of the vegetable aisle, burst into tears, and told him his mother was the anti-Christ - and I really do love his mother. I’ve never seen the poor guy look quite so bewildered, especially since all we’d been doing was picking out portobello mushrooms for spaghetti sauce.)

E.

Thank you, Excalibre. I was going to say the same things, myself.

I’m nowhere near menopause, but if I’m grouchy for hormonal reasons I’m gonna know about it ahead of time. I warn my SO that I might be a bit touchy for the next couple of days and this is why and I’ll do my damndest to not be. Also, if I do snap at him, I apologize. I hate being bitchy to him. He’s the most wonderful man on Earth.

I’m no fonder of “it’s my hormones, I can do what I want” than you are. But sometimes they sort of take over for a while.

You’re not the only one. Men don’t get a free pass to act like jerks to women - why should women? I hate the “idiot man-child” stereotypes, and I hate the “bitchy, everyone jump outta my way CAUSE I’M ON HORMONES!!!” stereotypes, too. If women were really that out of control once a month, or for a couple of years in their lives, there would be no people left - they would have shot them all.

And it sounds like you exercise a good deal of self-control and generally conduct yourself appropriately. No one can claim to always be rational, whether because of hormones or whatever else - just so long as you don’t decide you have a free excuse to be a complete jerk.

Ivylad keeps mentioning sheds. He knows the size he wants, and every time we’re at a Lowe’s or Home Depot he goes to visit the shed area.

He says he wants a workspace, and there isn’t enough room in the garage.

Our daughter is 13 and our son is 16. Hmmmm…

Also, I gotta agree with Excalibre on this one. plnnr, I do hope your wife apologized to you and that you were just exaggerating for dramatic effect. Otherwise, her behavior is out of line and inexcusable. I don’t care what hormones are racing through her body, that does not give her an excuse to be nasty to her loved ones.

Yeah, well if someone lets their hormones dictate their behaviour, and then act like a screaming shrew then they, like everyone else who acts like a jerk, SHOULD suffer the consequences of their actions.

Menopause does not equal 'gets a free pass on your behaviour". I don’t think pointing out that inequity is arsholish on Excalibre’s part.

Well SAID!!!

Does that time of month cause physical and emotional symptoms from time to time? Yes, it does. Should an adult know how to control them and not take them out on innocent bystanders? HELL YEAH, and no ifs ands and buts about that.

Ah, it is stories like this that make me glad that I am single. Stories like this fuel my zero tolerance policy towards BS in my relationships.

Ok not really. I never have relationships so I don’t know. (none that have lasted more than a month… sad as it is for a 28 year old to say) Women sure have a zero tolerance policy with me though.

Uh, carry on.

Being bitchy (which plnnr’s wife undoubtedly was during the OP’s exchange) does not equate to being A BITCH. I dunno about you lot, but there is a vast difference in my lexicon.

And given that the OP was so far over the fucking top in his apologetic stance, I took it to be a somewhat humourous take on Life With a Menopausal Woman…which, given the right attitude, can be funny (but don’t tell a menopausal woman that if you value your life :stuck_out_tongue: ). Yet some of you have come in with almost Monty Pythonesque wishes to STONE 'ER for her crimes???
Yes, I hope plnnr’s wife sees the silliness of her outburst and apologises. I hope they make up with lots of chocolate and lots of sex. I hope plnnr survives his wife’s climacteric phase. I hope he doesn’t lose respect for her through this. I hope they live happily ever after.

But somehow, i feel that labelling her as A BITCH is not going to help matters.

YMMV of course. :rolleyes:

I don’t think anyone was calling Mrs. plnnr a bitch.

There was, however, plenty of condemnation for the notion that someone can be bitchy and unapologetic because of hormones. I agree with that condemnation. Being responsible for your own actions is part of being an adult.

It isn’t? There goes Mrs. AWB’s excuse.

If a husband is in the woods and he says something and his wife doesn’t hear, is he still wrong?