Man Dies From Menopause - Film at 11

I blame the man who built my computer for that double post, damnit!!!
:smack: :smack: :smack:

When come back, bring roses. :wink:

Not even close. Menopause can last for years and years, and far more harsh than pregnancy or the worst case of PMS.

Just to make life extra fun for my dad, my mom was going through menopause while I was going through puberty. Live with a sullen, weepy, bitchy, hormonal kid and a sullen, weepy, bitchy, hormonal wife at the same time. When we weren’t screaming at each other, we were sobbing. That must have been a fun few years.

I’m not certain about the laws in the Commonwealth of Virginia, but in these parts, that would get you a post-mortem conviction as accessory to your own murder! (Glad you thought better of making the comment, though, because the OP was the funniest thing I’ve read all day.)

And yeah, perimenopause is a bitch (and it’s turning me into one. Or maybe it’s just aggravating a pre-existing condition.) So far, the only good thing I can say about it: When I stick my face in the freezer to relieve a hot flash, it’s a handy moment to grab a pint of ice cream to relieve the PMS-induced cravings!

Wait, what? As a woman, you aren’t under any obligation to act reasonable because you’re too weak in the face of your hormones?

I thought the modern thing was not to assume that women were completely irrational and unable to do anything more than act like bags of crazy. I’ve certainly known women who - despite having she parts and everything - were able to be completely reasonable and lucid.

Meh. plnnr shoulda gone with the “bitch” comment.

You too! YAY! And my mom says she didn’t need any meds when she was going through The Change. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH … I have blanked out my teenager years, I want you to know. And I plan to heavily medicate myself so as to be in a stupor during these years. More than my usual day to day stupor.
plnner Just remember, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. And it is an oncoming train.

Sigh…

How come women who behave like that get gems like plnnr?

Menopause, schmenopause, imho, that’s no excuse.

Oh lighten up Excalibre. Most women are indeed rational and able to function perfectly well in spite of their raging hormonal fluctuations. Just sometimes though, the silliest thing can trigger an outburst of Hiroshima magnitude that leaves partners and friends a bit bewildered (as well as the woman herself of course).

Yeah? Really?

Women eventually come through menopause. Arseholes like you are forever.

:rolleyes:

But if put in the OP’s situation, wouldn’t he have a right to be an asshole? (I don’t think he’s an asshole, but whatever.)

My 13 year old stepdaughter is going through puberty now as well.

As I’ve told many folks - I’ll be in the garage for the next five years. Call me when it all blows over.

You know, after each major decision in my life, something has come along to make me reconsider. Every single decision except one. Since I made the decision to never have a serious relationship again, stuff has just kept on coming up to convince me that I was totally right. It never stops.

Reading things like this thread would convince me, if I ever had any doubts, that all the money I spent on getting divorced was actually a wise investment.

Just chiming in–I think I win the hormonal household game.

In a three-year span, we had the following:

Mom hits menopause.
Grandmother on mom’s side dies slowly of Alzheimer’s.
Youngest child hits puberty.
Oldest child (me) leaves home and goes to college.

My mom is just NOW recovering from the emotional destruction, a decade later.

Ah, The Garage: The married man’s fortress of solitude. It is even more secure than a bathroom with a lock. I love having a garage now. I can disappear for hours at a time and the assumption will be out there that I am doing something important.

At which point she should be apologizing to him for having a Hiroshima magnitude hysterical blowout over something stupid, not driving him to the point of showing up here and apologizing for being alive.

A little ‘Sorry, plnnr, I overreacted due to hormonal craziness and didn’t mean to make you feel like shit.’ would go a long way.

My dad found that not even the garage offered him enough of a stronghold since my mom would enter his fortress and attempt to clean and girlify it, so he had a shed built. I think it’s the only shed in the world with a deadbolt.

So this is why Mr. Ujest built our barn and has it wired for cable and phone.
I think I should label it The Fall Out Shelter.

Smart man.

I’m kind of digging the shed idea - with a moat, and gun turrets, and mindfields, and cauldrons of boiling oil along the parapets that I can rain down on those that dare attempt to breach its walls.

“The females approach…RAISE THE DRAWBRIDGE!”

He keeps telling her that he’s going to install electricity, cable, telephone, heat and water into the shed so that he can live in it. Mostly since he retired though, he’s been either following her around expecting her to fill his endless hours of boredom with something that’s entertaining and then retreating to one of ‘his’ areas of the house as soon as she pulls out the vacuum cleaner (which she does with frightening frequency) and refusing to come out of those areas until the cleaning is over. He’s not afraid of being asked to help, since she’d never let him do that. More like afraid that he might actually see her cleaning his stuff and have a heart attack. He has taught her that it’s not a good idea to take Pledge to the gun rack and everything on it.

Allow me to reiterate that my husband is a commercial fisherman, and is home for the months of November and December, and then February and March. It works for us! Also, in our home we have a freshly turned fourteen year old daughter and a son who will be thirteen in January. Which is actually an improvement from when our two oldest girls were still living at home. Four females with PMS was not fun, adding the perimenopause didn’t help.

Menopause - Men on pause! :smiley:

I do make an attempt to let everyone know when I am down to my last nerve, and if someone insists on jumping up and down on it, well, don’t poke the sleeping tiger and cry about getting pounced upon! :smiley:

And I do apologise after the hormones have receded. However, there is this mid-life crisis thing my husband is beginning, and let me tell you men…you aren’t a bed of roses to live with, either!

No one’s perfect. But it pisses me off when men go around suggesting that women are too “hormonal” to work certain jobs, or control their own behavior, or essentially conduct themselves in adult society. It pisses me off and shocks be to boot when a woman goes around saying the same thing. I guess it’s just the feminist in me that doesn’t like to see women treated like children, whether by claiming they’re not capable of education, or by implying that they should be excused for not exercising control over their own behavior.

If you have an unwarranted outburst at someone you love, I would think it would behoove you to try to recognize it, and apologize immediately. But then, I like to treat the folks I love with some respect.

It’s a comfort to me that a woman who has admitted that she’s liable to throw tantrums at others for no reason - and thinks it’s justified - doesn’t like me.