Man injured trying to hunt squirrel with bullet taped to BB gun

WARNING: Do not shoot ammunition with other ammunition.

If you did it right, you could make some sort of Rube Goldberg howitzer. Could the .40 cal set off a 155mm shell directly, or would we need some intermediate projectile in there?

[xzibit meme]
Yo dawg, I hear you like to shoot, so we taped this bullet to your rifle so you can shoot while you shootin
[/xzibit meme]

We need more BB gun with bullets taped to them control.

I think if you fired a .40 cal from a .40 cal pistol and hit the primer of a 155 shell, presuming they’re center-fire, that would be enough force to ignite the primer, set off the powder, and blow the shell casing apart if it’s not in a tube.

Who is the idiot most likely to sue, the bb gun manufacturer or the 40. cal manufacturer?

The plan is starting to take shape.

Step 1: Get tube.

I’m not even going to open the article but I’m guessing this occurred in Florida?

I’m not entirely sure about this but the logical evolution of this idea would involve a cannon ball, a long curving ramp and a candle.
Maybe with a burning rope and some springs.

A-yup.

A felon tries to figure out how to fire a bullet without a handgun, which is unlawful for him to possess. Surely he was just interested in killing a squirrel. That’s the ticket.

No, no, you gotta think big! Smith & Wesson’s last quarter gross profit was $51.3 million, but tape manufacturer 3M’s net income for the last quarter was lower than expected at $1.1 billion!

No, it would totally be at the wrong angle.

But if we outlaw taping cartridges to the front of BB guns, only Convicted Felons will have cartridges taped onto BB guns.

I imagine this kit coming in a wooden crate labeled ACME. How effective are 155mm rounds at taking out roadrunners, yet leaving enough bird to munch on?

FTR, it was unlawful for him to possess a firearm AND live ammunition. Is that standard or did they just want to make a point?

I bet the last things he said before he pulled the trigger were “Hold my beer.” and “Hey, watch this!” in some order. :rolleyes:

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

He was thinking about suing the squirrel for everything he had. But then he realized that would be nuts.

Nah - squirrel has moose for lawyer.

This guy is the Grimod de La Reynière of weaponry. Give him unfettered access to ammo again and watch him create the ballistic equivalent of a rôti sans pareil, for elephant hunting.