Mandalorian Season 2 Thread [Open Spoilers]

My interpretation was that they were using the child’s blood to give volunteers force powers. They did say that it had the highest M count (midichlorians?) of any source that they have seen.

I get that, but why? You don’t hand out nukes to grunts.

We will have to wait and see I guess. We are at the halfway point for the season so things should be accelerating.

On another note, they made a point of showing Mando lifting his helmet a bit to drink while sitting next to the Child. I wonder if his encounter with the others has made him second guess his upbringing?

I think this episode took its inspiration from the video game Dark Forces, which introduced the Darktroopers. If so, I’m sure they are adjusting their origins a little bit to be something more than just droids.

I think they’re mixing elements of the Darktroopers with the Cuis clones. I’m thinking they’re cloning…someone, in order to make Force wielding stormtroopers. I’m not sure who from the current canon would make sense. Anakin, maybe? They definitely seemed to have a whole Darth Vaderesque aesthetic going on in that scene. And they need high “M-count” blood from a living donor to make the clones viable. And I really hope that’s as close as The Mandalorian ever comes to acknowledging The Plot Device Which Must Not Be Named.

Also, the base retroactively makes the first season make a lot less sense. If the Imperials had a well-equipped research base on notTatooine, why the heck was the Client holed up in town in a run-down hidden outpost with a handful of stormtroopers in dinged up, dusty armor? The best I can come up with is maybe some sort of double-bluff, to make it look like only a handful of under-resourced die-hards were left in the sector, but…

Finally,

So, yeah, I’m thinking next episode he finally makes it to whatever planet Ahsoka is on, but there’s a nested quest to actually locate her, and the episode after that, maybe he finally meets her, and then she’ll have a quest for him…

Another really fun episode. Very simple story, but done well. And the style is totally Star Wars - about as much as it gets.

It is starting to feel that way.

Sooo many Easter eggs. This was a lot of fun. We got a Wilhelm scream, we got dialog recycled straight from the first movie (“Load your weapons,” among others). I am almost certain that the hanger bay set was in one of the Jedi Knight video games. We got a character commenting on the lack of handrails. We got another troop transport.

Loved the child raising his arms up during the dogfight, like it was a roller coaster.

Wow, Karga’s crew got those repairs done real fast, didn’t they?

What was that badge-like thing the X-wing pilot left behind? Was it the Star Wars universe equivalent of a challenge coin?

One of the things I love about this show is the high proportion of practical effects. Except. The weasel-like critter, cute as it was, was not done very well. I’d swear I could see the wire attached to the tip of its tail.

I’m starting to wonder if the various side quests will drag things out such that we don’t actually get to see Ahsoka until the final episode. I’m torn; I love the character (and Rosario Dawson, assuming all of the rumors are true), but I’m afraid having such a well-known and developed character play anything beyond a guest-starring role might take away from the Mandalorian’s story. I’m not too worried though; I think Favreau and Filoni have crafted things pretty well to date.

I think it’s a New Republic police badge. Basically an invitation for Cara Dune to return to service whenever she wants.

https://imgur.com/a/Gn3khiT

I just hope that one of the very first things she says is something similar to “Holy crap, it’s a baby Yoda!”

Following the Old West theme, he was giving her a sheriff’s badge. So she actually has some authority under the law.

I actually said the same thing to my kids: Having Ahsoka meet The Child will be the perfect way to introduce the name “Baby Yoda” into the series.

I mean, “The Asset” and “The Child” are all fine and dandy, but ferpetesake! We all call him Baby Yoda! And soon they will too!

Has anyone watched the Gallery series on Disney+ about The Mandalorian? It’s a behind-the-scenes look at the show. It’s pretty interesting. My favorite episodes were about how it’s filmed (it’s crazy!) and the episodes about all the Star Wars callbacks/Easter eggs. You’ve all pointed most of them out but it’s still super interesting.

I never watched Clone Wars, so I’ll ask the obvious question. Did Ahsoka know Yoda?

Yeah, very well.

Yep. He taught the ‘younglings’, at least many of them - kind of the kindergarten teacher. He also appeared to her a few times during the series to nudge her.

…yeah, the described audio all but confirmed it:

(Disclaimer: Screenrant often publishes wrong information/speculation as fact with abandon, however the audio has been verified by others)

As Anakin’s assigned trainee, Ahsoka was very often in the core of the actions of the highest ranks of the Jedi, and somehow just managed to be off-screen in every single shot in the second two prequels.

She came in after attack of the clones and was gone before revenge of the sith, she wasn’t off screen for any of it.