Mandela Effect Examples

Is there a name for the memories of something you do over and over the same way crowding out the memory of doing it slightly differently but more recently?

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve walked out of work into the (fairly large) parking lot to the section I almost always park my car, looked around for it and had a not insignificant moment of panic (with the thought that my car must have been stolen!) before realizing I had parked it somewhere else on the lot that day.

Or…did you simply rationalize the result of your car passing through parallel universes by convincing yourself you parked in a different spot?

And surely you can tell those couldn’t be simple incorrect memories. Aliens messing with your brain is the only possible cause.

Hey wait! That guy with the tinfoil face, it was on the lower half of his face, his brain isn’t protected at all!

what I don’t get about the “Mandela effect” is

if Nelson Mandela had died in prison in the 80s would he ever have been famous or his death notable worldwide? Were Americans aware of him in the 80s?

To hear Mrs. Homie tell it, it’s not aliens. It’s that there are multiple parallel universes existing alongside one another (which I’m not saying is true or not true, because I don’t understand physics), and we jump between them without knowing it. In the universe we’re (currently) in, Cameron said, “She’s in Decatur.” But in the universe she and I were in in the 80’s (we’ve jumped, you see), Cameron said, “My mom’s in Decatur.”

Have you ever looked at an analog clock with a second hand and see what appears to be the second hand moving backwards one tick? THAT’S when you jump universes (or so I think).

Seems legit.

See, by Occam’s Razor, this is the much more plausible explanation. Yet foolish people constantly make the incredible leap of logic that “I parked somewhere else today.”

Whenever you see something that you can’t easily explain, the go-to culprit is parallel universes.

One night a coworker and I were in the office late (around midnight). They were doing some maintenance on the network that night, and we had to do some testing when it was completed. At some point I looked up at the wall clock and noticed it was about an hour and a half behind. Just as I mentioned to my coworker “Boy that clock sure is off”, all of a sudden the hands started moving around until it got to the correct time! Freaked us both right the fuck out. And it wasn’t a clock that was wired into anything, just your standard off-the-shelf Staples wall clock.

I figured it had to be some kind of rift in the space-time continuum. Sure would explain a lot.

Shazam! How could anyone still be skeptical when we know things like this happen?

Even caught on video

When I first heard the term I understood the concept but I couldn’t understand not knowing that Nelson Mandela survived prison and became the leader of his country. It wasn’t exactly a secret.

I was two. Maybe I was near a TV? I do remember seeing a moon mission on TV but it was probably the last one.

I definitely did not see that live. I was at the gym in college. The radio was on. The DJ came on and said what happened.

That I definitely did see. I immediately got up and started packing my Army gear. I knew I would be busy.

I thought the producers of Captain Marvel had made a mistake by including I’m Just A Girl I’m a movie that was set in 1995. I remember the song as having been released in 1999 or 2000, but it turns out that it was in fact released in 1995.

Something rather similar goes on in John Barnes’ novel “Finity”

This makes sense. There’s an infinite number of parallel universes, so anytime someone asks, “What caused this,” the answer is almost always going to be “parallel universe.” That’s just basic statistics.

See, you need to make this parallel universe thing work for you. I park my car in the universe where there are always spots in front of the building. And it’s always free; I don’t think they’ve invented parking meters there.

Now, the trick is walking out at the end of the day without thinking about parallel universes… if I can do that, bingo! There’s my car, right in front!

I distinctly remember watching a sequel to the Weird Al movie UHF called ‘UHF 2’, but no one else remembers this and it’s nowhere on the internet. So yeah, that proves parallel universes exist.

I remember that a balm was a dangerous animal that could bite you. But everybody thanks it’s just an ointment.

These things happen to me too. It’s good to hear that this weird stuff happens to you guys too. I should start a thread about this someday.

What are you talking about? I’ve been responding to that thread you started for days!

Edited to add: Wait, now I can’t find that thread :confused::confused::confused: