(Old) March forth into victory in the MMP!

@Misnomer: TV and a Lego Corvette sound like an excellent way to do a lazy Sunday. Shame you missed CFV yesterday. :grin:

I used to make that all the time. To the point I called it “Mess o Eggs” to quell any expectations of beautiful presentation early.

Dump the non-egg ingredients into the hot fry pan, sauté a while, then dump in the eggs & dairy, break up the eggs and stir everything w the spatula, turn until more or less done evenly then dump onto plates. There you have it: mess o eggs.

As to me …

Late afternoon here now as I type …
Had late breakfast at better-than-Denny’s, then back home as it alternately spit rain for a few seconds then cleared up. It finally rained for real briefly around 1pm, so after that ended I went to the RenFaire.

No traffic backup, but their large parking area had filled up early and now later in the day it was a matter of hunting randomly for a spot. Being as I was out to walk anyhow, I parked close to the entrance off the street, so far from the faire entrance. I know I got inside before people who parked closer after 10 minutes of futile driving up and down aisles looking for the elusive open space.

Inside was happily crowded, but not jammed. Yakked with several shopkeepers who said yesterday was absolutely mobbed vs today. Lucky me. It remained cloudy, but bright, dry, and about 80F the whole time I was there. Just about ideal weather.

Just inside the entrance was a mead store. Which immediately put me in mind of JtC. Sadly they did not sell by the drink, only the bottle. Later I passed a random faire-goer with a flagon on his belt and wearing an ordinary t-shirt with large writing in vaguely Olde English script:

I Feel the Need

The Need for MEAD

I liked the juxtaposition of the modern and ancient ideas.

A bit further on I found a beer stand with La Fin du Monde, my absolute favorite. It’s rather hard to find anywhere out; I really wonder what process led them to have it? Anyhow, it was yummy. For those curious to try it, often Trader Joe’s has it in a 4-pack of 16- or 24-oz bottles.

Eventually an ear of roast corn with chili powder and later a smoked turkey leg were had. Some music was listened, some magic and sword-fighting was seen, etc. Cannonfire was heard in the distance.

The best vendor was a guy with a ~20x20 tent done up in old Turkish Sultan style. A sorta throne in the back, gold cording edging everything, a large pile of brightly embroidered cushions on the Persian rugged floor, with the costumed proprietor sitting cross legged amidst the pile, etc. And rather a lot of hassocks scattered about. The whole effect was quite elaborate but seemed pointless; what are they doing here besides lounging about? I was confused until I noticed the name of the place. “The Ottoman Empire”. The hassocks were the inventory; the rest was staging.

Hooray for creative people!

As always the costumes on the customers are the best part. Who knew that fishnet stockings and pleather stretch pants or leggings played such a large role in Renaissance sartorial practice? Lotta ladies making excellent use of corset or bustier type accessories for their accessories. Golly are young women wasted on young men. And golly did one young man of my acquaintance waste his youth on other pursuits.

Eventually I was full of food and had seen everything, so it was time to return to the future as the lady at the exit kiosk so memorably put it. I’m now debating what the evening will hold. Tomorrow gets busy starting at noon, but is free before. So tonight could run early or late. Decisions decisions.

And tomorrow is a new MMP.

Cheers all!