Marley23, can you clarify something.

Oh, please. Enough with your Mexican hat dance. You’ve done the same thing using the word 'gringo" in the past. Your game is to try to paint anyone who wants to curtail immigration in any way as a racist. You’ve done it before, you’ll do it again.

You need to get your facts straight.

Actually it is you who is trying to make something out of nothing. Are you now claiming “anglo” to be an ethnic slur?

LP first used the term “anglo-american” in post 41. The word “anglo” was used by another poster long before I joined the thread.

Just a note on my warning, which is in the same thread.

A statement of “I will lose my civilization and my culture” due to immigrants was indeed racist, as was his claim the entire nation will be destroyed just like dem brown people did to LA or dem darkies did to Detroit. However the warning is fair in that I shouldn’t have engaged the racist in debate. Like civilized people, I should have just ignored him as well as quit visiting a site that thinks open hatred of a group because of the ethnicity or skin color is ok, but opposing that belief is not.

You know, I was all set to apologize for my mistake, but the truth of it is that he used the descriptive term “Anglo-American culture”, so, no. And the fact that you just misrepresented that does not speak well of you. And if you want to argue that those five letters were indeed used in that order in his post, go right ahead. Just keep dancing around that sombrero.

And do you really think anyone believes that your use of the word had anything to do with the fact that the five letters appeared in a phrase used by LP ten days and two pages earlier before you got involved? Whew.

As far as whether I think the term is necessarily offensive, I don’t. But I wasn’t the one moderating. If I was, you would have been the only one receiving a warning. Not for that, but for your personal insult in Post 132. Which is what should have been done.

Thanks for the laugh. You made a claim that I had introduced the word to the thread. I prove you wrong and you attempt a lame spin. Absolutely pathetic.

And I could give a shit what you believe.

wow, you really are going to go with, "but those five little letters appeared in the same order—10 days before you were involved in the discussion—and ignore the context. Why am I not surprised.

Now let’s give you a little cultural test having nothing to do with horrible Anglos: are the terms African and African-American synonymous?

So, you’re calling him a racist in this thread? Better watch out for Marley23.

Oh wait, you’re on the liberal side of the debate. Never mind.

Well, it’s because LP, through hyperbole or not, accused CB of racism and ethnic cleansing/genocide/whatever. It’s never a good policy to engage on someone’s lowered level in GD. I didn’t notice the early bits of the thread, and maybe RNATB should have drawn down a Warning too. But once LP responded with anything more biting than “My, what a rational argument”, or whatever, he left himself open to the hammer of modly wrath.

And yes, it’s somewhat silly, arbitrary and capricious. The same general insult may draw a slap on the wrist one day and a Warning the next. I suppose I’ve just gotten used to it, but actual Warnings in GD are somewhat rare.

This, however, is weird. Accusing someone of being a racist or homophobic is a personal insult, even if they don’t say that the person supports ethnic cleansing.

better idea. Learn the fucking language.

*An·glo noun \ˈaŋ-(ˌ)glō
plural Anglos
Definition of ANGLO

1: anglo-american

2: a white inhabitant of the United States of non-Hispanic descent

— Anglo adjective

See Anglo defined for English-language learners »

Examples of ANGLO

a committee with a mixture of blacks, Anglos, and Hispanics*

What? You seem to be under the impression that the term “anglo” is derogatory. I don’t. Only in your mind is that the case.

Now how about you answer what was asked of you.

This has degenerated into a fight. Which should be taken to the Pit.