Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Probably later than most I just finished all the episodes. Absolutely loved it. Anyway, was this series particularly helpful or not helpful to any of the actors or actresses who were featured?

I think it might take a few years to figure that out, but it raised Rachel Brosnahan’s stock with a lot of Emmy Nominations and one win.

It had to have elevated Alex Borstein, this was huge for her. Also 2 Emmy wins for her part on the show.
I suspect it will help Luke Kirby who played Lenny Bruce.

BTW: Main thread here:

The actors playing Midge’s parents, Marin Hinkle and Tony Shalhoub, picked up a number of award nominations and awards as well. Shalhoub is already very well-established but Hinkle’s profile has definitely been raised and she’ll probably get better offers from now on.

I feel like I read an interview with her last year and she revealed that she wasn’t crazy about tv work and plans to refocus on theater.

I think she’s really the breakout star of the show. She’s been visible (or audible in the case of Family Guy) for decades but was really pretty much considered part of the furniture on Fox TV. Sally is her Vincent Vega moment.

Susie.

And yes, Alex Borstein was wonderful. I’m glad Susie had a happy ending. I was worried about her gambling problem.

:man_facepalming:

I mean, I assume they got paid.

Almost done with last two eps!!! I absolutely love this show and its detail to the time periods.

At first I was disappointed with a flashback format for the last season, but it made it more interesting as time passed from Midge’s first interviews in the “future”.

Unbelievable all-around cast for all seasons. No one performed less than stellar.

Brosnahan is so gorgeous and talented as Midge. Borstein is the shit that holds it all together all the time.