Marvel's 10th Anniversay marathon!

(Please, if you don’t like superhero/Marvel/comic book movies, I don’t really care and you don’t have to make sure everyone who might post in this thread knows about it. In other words, please go find another topic you’re not interested in to threadshit.)

Several theaters will be showing all 20 Marvel movies (since 2008’s Iron Man) in “IMAX” (i.e. a slightly-bigger-than-normal screen that’s not really IMAX but they stole the name to sound impressive).

I don’t know what other theater chains are doing, price-wise, but I bought an all-access pass for $50.00 at Regal that covers all the showings. I’ll be able to see 17 of the 20 unique films, plus 1-3 repeats. Such a deal.

Thursday 8/30

1:00pm - Iron Man (2008)
4:00pm - The Incredible Hulk (2008)
7:00pm - Iron Man 2 (2010)
10:00pm - Thor (2011)

Friday 8/31

1:00pm - Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4:00pm - The Avengers (2012)
7:00pm - Iron Man 3 (2013)
10:00pm - Thor: Dark World (2013)

Saturday 9/1

1:00pm - Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
4:00pm - Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
7:00pm - Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
10:00pm - Ant-Man (2015)

Sunday 9/2

1:00pm - Captain America: Civil War (2016)
4:00pm - Doctor Strange (2016)
7:00pm - Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2 (2017)
10:00pm - Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)

Monday 9/3

1:00pm - Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
4:00pm - Black Panther (2018)
7:00pm - Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
10:00pm - Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)

Those are all the movies from first to most recent.

The next few days are random repeats. They say they’re supposed to be “Themes” but I don’t believe it. If they were serious about that they’d show, say, the two Guardians movies back to back, or the Avengers movies, or any of the others that have more than one.
Tuesday 9/4

1:00pm - Iron Man (2008)
4:00pm - Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
7:00pm - Black Panther (2018)
10:00pm - Doctor Strange (2016)

Wednesday 9/5

1:00pm - Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
4:00pm - Captain America: Civil War (2016)
7:00pm - The Avengers (2012)
10:00pm - Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Thursday 9/6

1:00pm - TBD
4:00pm - TBD

The Thursday movies are chosen by moviegoers. I’ll be at work so I don’t care what they will be.

I can’t see the ones during the day on the weekdays other than Monday (I’m off that day). Since there are repeats I’ll only be missing Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk and Captain America: The First Avenger. I saw Iron Man and The First Avenger at a Cinemark marathon a couple of years ago. In fact I’ve seen all the movies multiple times, except for The Incredible Hulk. I never did see it or the earlier, Ang Lee/Eric Bana version. I’ve never been interested in the Hulk, but now I want a Mark Ruffalo Hulk movie. I suppose I should try and watch the two Hulk movies before the marathon.

The Ed Norton Hulk movie is actually pretty good, though the character is much different than the Ruffalo version. I would have liked to see that story line continue (I think they were going towards the “grey Hulk” era where Banner was in control at all times), but almost immediately the usual issues of working with Norton reared up and Marvel dumped him.

Ah, so that’s why the logo listed it as “MARVEL STUD10S” before Ant-Man and the Wasp.

I’ve seen all of them except Spider-Man and Hulk (though I did see the Hulk movie previous to it, of which the first half was a good movie). I haven’t seen any of them twice, though, and probably won’t unless I’m with someone else who wants to: I don’t watch very many movies, and it’s hard enough keeping up with the new ones as they’re released.

When the original “Avengers” film came out in 2012, I went with some friends to a marathon of the films that had come out up until that point (Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America), which concluded with a midnight showing of Avengers. We had a great time, though, by the conclusion, it was 2:30am, and none of us wanted to be anywhere near a theater again for a while. :smiley:

I started to watch it streaming but it was very confusing at the beginning. During the opening credits there were a lot of scenes that looked like they were from a previous movie. The Hulk goes on a rampage and injures Liv Tyler, then you see her in a hospital bed. I assumed these were recap scenes from the Ang Lee version and turned it off. I don’t have that one available so I’ll need to get it.

I didn’t NOT want to see either version. I didn’t deliberately stay away from them, but they were low priority so I kept putting off seeing them, then they were gone. After Iron Man and then especially Thor, every Marvel movie release became the highest priority, opening day or even before if possible. That enthusiasm still never got me to go back to the earlier Hulks. It’s about time now I catch up.

On July 4th, 1974, I went to a showing of all five Planet of the Apes movies. One right after another. They were selling bananas in the lobby.