[QUOTE=Antigen]
Don’t make this harder! What I will mourn most, after the loss of French, is the hockey. I mean, am I supposed to start watching Capitals games? I don’t know if I can manage to get some Canadiens games on cable (when they play American teams, anyway), but I sure hope so. And if not there’s always NHL radio online, where I can listen to the games, in French if I want to.
Stay tuned for my “I miss hockey” thread in about a month and a half.
[/QUOTE]
You can get the Centre Ice package on cable, IIRC. Lauramary and her husband have it, and live in AA. He’s a hocky freak.
Well, we have Bert’s 50s Diner where they do pretty good ice cream and ice cream related stuff, and there’s another place whose name escapes me in Charlotte Hall that just closed for the season and that place next to North Sandgates Rd. Plus Jethro’s and a couple other places in Solomons - all well within a thousand mile radius. <shrug> I’ve been able to have my ice cream needs met pretty well.
[QUOTE=FairyChatMom]
Anyway, I like living in the boonies. It’s mostly peaceful.
[/QUOTE]
The boonies are indeed good. If I could only convince my wife of that!
We live over on the Eastern Shore, which is relatively rural, but I love southern Maryland. I hung out in Charles County for a few days and loved it. My dream is to move to Pomonkey, not only for the fact that it’s the middle of nowhere, but to say that I live in a town called Pomonkey.
I love visiting the eastern shore - when we cruise, St. Michael’s is always a favorite stop. And Rock Hall. But I wouldn’t want to live anywhere other than where I am.
I probably shouldn’t be too enthusiastic about it - next thing you know, all kinds of riff-raff will want to move here. :eek:
[QUOTE=FairyChatMom]
Well, we have Bert’s 50s Diner where they do pretty good ice cream
[/QUOTE]
Bert’s basic burger is excellent ! Ate there several times while we were visiting. Maine is the per capita ice cream consumption capital of the world. Dairy Queen’s abound on almost every street corner. When we were last there (Mechanicsville) in August we just drove and drove and drove looking for a simple ice cream cone.
We ended up having one at breakfast at one of the mall restaurants. Can’t remember the name.
All in all, a nice town. Like the local farmers markets. Our oldest son enjoyed the drive up, take out window for booze on the corner of Golden Beach and Route 5. Very handy if you’re too drunk to walk.
[QUOTE=danceswithcats]
Welcome, you hoser.
[/QUOTE]
pfff. Take off, eh.
And for all of those making lovely and good-hearted offers of crab-related goodies… um… I… don’t like seafood. I’m sorry! Please don’t hurt me!
You’re moving to AA County and you don’t like crabs? Wow, you’re going to miss out on so much…sounds like it’s time for us to work on her, isn’t it, fellow Marylanders?
I’m in Anne Arundel County, Antigen, so any help you need, email me. It’s in my profile. This i s a really nice area – a nice mixture of urban and rural. And lots of wonderful crabcakes.
[QUOTE=Scuba_Ben]
Hey, I grew up in Maryland and I don’t like crabs. Crabs are for dive sites, not dinner plates.
[/QUOTE]
I *knew * there was something “off” about you…