Mass Killings in the United States (2021)

1. 22 March 2021 Boulder CO, 6 killed (shot) (https://www.huffpost.com/entry/police-boulder-colorado-active-shooter-supermarket_n_60590410c5b6bd95117f2f90)

Incidents 18

Killed 98

There was just a very odd press conference. They did state that one policeman was killed, but did not give information on other victims.

Very odd that 4ish hours after the incident they are not giving out any very basic information.

Shit. My spouse’s brother, sister-in-law, our niece and nephew live very close to that store. We haven’t heard from them that they’re OK, but I just saw the news a little bit ago. Sister-in-law is a teacher who was near Columbine when that shooting happened. It’s a lot of trauma in one place.

(Reports now coming in that perhaps ten people are dead in Boulder. I will wait to this afternoon to let the facts come out and will then update the list.)

Just saw on FB that the people I know are OK.

Is it just me or just confirmation bias, or does Colorado get more of these?

Perhaps because your relatives lives there you pay more attention to what is going on there.

The two events which come to mind for me at the Columbine high school shooting and the Aurora movie theater shooting.

Those are the other ones I’m thinking of.

Maybe not confirmation bias.

In more recent times, Colorado has been disproportionately plagued by the gun violence epidemic. Here is a look at its history of mass shootings.

I know guns are – I’m not even sure how to describe it – really integrated into the culture? That King Soopers is in or near the area of town named Gunbarrel. Like, our relatives live in Gunbarrel. I always think it’s so weird when I’m there.

1. 28 March 2021 Essex MD, 5* killed (shot) (Police: Maryland man fatally shot 4 before killing self - ABC News (go.com))

Incidents 19

Killed 103

1. 30 March 2021 Orange CA, 4 killed (shot) (Orange, California shooting: Four people, including a child, were killed in a mass shooting at an office complex - CNN)

Incidents 20

Killed 107

3 April 2021. Allen, Texas. 6 Dead in Murder-Suicide (shot).

Yes, I saw that. I don’t suppose we can count it. The rule says we can only include single-killer events. I swear people stay up at night to invent new ways to slaughter each other. Very depressing.

1. 5 April 2021 Brookly NY, 4* killed (shot) (Child calls 911 after four, including parents, killed in apparent murder-suicide, NYPD says)

Incidents 21

Killed 111

7 April 2021. Columbia, South Carolina. 5 Killed (shot) plus killer, former NFL Pro Phillip Adams.

I wonder if it is a case of TBI, traumatic brain injury caused by concussions playing football.

1. 7 April 20201Rock Hill SC 6* killed (shot) (South Carolina shooting leaves doctor, family members dead; gunman identified as former NFL player | Fox News)

Incidents 22

Killed 117

There is a new #9

1. 8 Feburary 2021Dekalb County GA, 4 killed (reckless driving hit & run) (DeKalb County police still looking for driver who caused crash, killing 4 people) unsolved
  1. 7 April 20201 Rock Hill SC 7* killed (shot) (South Carolina shooting leaves doctor, family members dead; gunman identified as former NFL player | Fox News)

2. 15 April 2021 Indianapolis IN, 8* Killed (shot) (FedEx shooting Indianapolis: 8 dead, more injured in mass shooting)

Incidents 24

Killed 130

1. Other stories put that at 9 (8 plus the gunman by suicide):

It’s becoming hard to keep track of them.

This is exactly why I keep a list.

I shall update the entry as required in the fullness of time.