Maul: Shadow Lord

I’m not arguing that at all. It’s why I compared it to Bab5, my favorite SciFi series, which still holds up to this day. It also looks like they didn’t have time to finish it. I don’t fault them for that. I was merely commenting on what it looked like to me. My apologies if that was note clear.

Thanks for the discussion!

James Earl Jones was replaced by an AI sampling the voice of James Earl Jones.

Do you mean “Andor” and “Rogue One”?

Yeah. Must have been before coffee or something. Oy.

This was really good. Nice touch using bad guys you know survive so there is actual tension to the fights.

I finally got around to watching the series this weekend. It’s good. They spent plenty of time developing the characters, so that no knowledge of other series is needed. All the characters are interesting. I like how they handled the arc of the police droid, from a by-the-book buddy to conspirator to treason. It felt very natural.

The Empire is at its peak as an implacable foe. You can hinder them, but they will be coming back with reinforcements. Eventually more than you can even hope to defeat. I appreciate that the major story lines were resolved. Yes, there’s plenty of hooks for future stories, but the season ended at a resolution.

The artistic direction was interesting. I got a very Impressionist vibe, where the feel is more important than the pixel count. The skin tones of the characters were complex. Much better than the plastic look of Clone Wars and other early animations. The choice to use “matte” backgrounds in a lot of scenes was reminiscent of old films. They provided ambiance without distractions. I don’t need to see motion everywhere. I think their experiments with some of the Star Wars: Visions have paid off.