Maybe this is an unfeminist thing...

Yet another reason why I would use a flamethrower to remove snow from my driveway.

What an ass that guy is.

I’m a dood, and my neighbor (who lives across the street) saw me foaming pink foam at the mouth trying to clear my drive, and came right over with his snowblower. I told him a couple times it wasn’t necessary, but he just cut through that stuff like butter.

I just got him a nice bottle of Kahlua and plan to bring it over this afternoon.

This year though, I’ve given in… I’m buying a blower of my own.

Fuck feminism, this is an issue of courtesy. Your neighbor is an asshole.

Nothing feminist about it. That’s just plain bad manners, regardless of who has the snowblower and who has the shovel.

He knocked you down, twice, and didn’t even apologize?

I vote for asshole. Whether you’re male, female, or anything in between, that’s just plain asshole behavior.

Man, I’d say go over and tell him politely that, since you don’t have a snowblower, maybe you could borrow his to take care of your driveway? Bring a batch of xmas cookies when you go. Bat your eyelids and act all sweet. Sometimes the only combat for assholes is to be SICKENINGLY NICE to them until they realize, belatedly and embarassingly, the error of their ways.

I think your neighbor is an asshole. How rude of him blowing his snow all up in your yard and all over you. If it would have been me, I would have had some choice words for him. I wouldn’t expect his help, but some frigging courtesy would be nice.

When I was growing up in Nebraska, my mom and I would take care of the snow covered driveway. My dad would do it if he was home, but being an long-haul truck driver, he wasn’t there a lot.

Anyway, my mom and I would manage just fine with the trusty Toro snowblower then we would go next door and do the driveway for the retired lady who lived next door alone.

After the retired lady moved away, a young couple, maybe in their thirties moved in next door. One day I went out to do my driveway and he was almost done with his. When he finished he snowblowed his way up to my driveway and helped me finish my driveway!

Very cool and unexpected of him to help.

Then I moved to Nevada and rarely see snow.

Yet one seldom hears of women’s organizations campaigning for registering women for the draft. :rolleyes:

That’s what I mean to say back in post #8, but you have said it so much better.

Uh… what? Don’t want to hijack, but this is a retarded example. I wasn’t aware that too many orgs of any kind were campaigning for the draft. And many women’s orgs did and do support women in the military, whether they’re joining an all-male military college or trying to access birth control while abroad.

As for the OP, yeah, it sounds like a matter of courtesy, plain and simple. Doesn’t matter if it’s a 90 lb woman or a 160 lb grandfather of eight. Likewise, I think everyone should hold the door open for everyone else! Everyone wins!

My point exactly.