McCain's new slogan: "Change Is Coming"

Or firing up the Republican base so they will vote en masse in the hopes that McCain will win.

McCain could well be right in the same sense as when I believe Croesus? asked the Delphic oracle what would happen if he attacked one of his neighbouring states.

The answer was “A great empire will be destroyed”
Unfortunately he took it to mean the empire he was going to attack ,not his own.

I dont think hes poaching obama. I think its about old people beeing slow when they pay at the supermarket.
Hes going for the senior voters with this one.

(I am of course referencing Can I pit old people? - The BBQ Pit - Straight Dope Message Board )

Yeah, but from a campaign that was using it back in 1976, for heaven’s sake.

Re-using classic political themes from several decades ago is one thing, but trying to imitate the slogan that’s already been thoroughly branded by your current opponent just comes across as kind of pathetic.

Hey guess what everybody?
McCain had a distinguished service career that makes him very suitable indeed to become Commander in Chief!
Commanded a successful strategic military campaign?

ER well no…but he was a prisoner of war several decades ago!

My god he kept that quiet didn’t he /
Who’d have known!

Ah yes Policies!Policies,Policies POLICCCCIIEEES…

ERRRM well we’ll get back to you on that one.

When?

Oh soon,soon,trust me.
Oy Palin whats the time?

Ah yes I’m so glad that you asked me that question,its very relevant right across our great nation and may I say as a patriotic American that its not just fundamental to the Big Wigs in Washington or even the power brokers of Wall Street but a subject of some importance to everyone who really has their mother country close to their heart!

And may I say with Pride that I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE!(Cheers)

And I’m not afraid to say it,here in front of all you wonderful people , yes you ! the people who made this country what is i

GREAT!!!(Cheers)

I’m not afraid to say it out loud !

Oh I know that I’m no fancy politician,heck I’m just the same old crittur that was born and bred like all the other ordinary people,yep people like me and YOU!(Cheers)

Why Imind when I was a young girl skinning a Moose with my Bowie knife in the middle of the long Alaskan winter,a winter like the Alaskan people!
Tough honest and down to Earth people,REAL people!

Winchester rifle slung across my back and waving at my neighbours who are just driving their dog sled off to do some ice fishing…

You really haven’t got the faintest idea what it is have you ?you daft cow.

Shut up trying to filter me I’m giving my answer to the American people!
Its alright it doesn’t fucking matter now cos I’ve just missed the bus.
Just like you.

I don’t know about that… a few years ago Honda (motorcycles) came out with the slogan, “Follow the Leader, he’s on a Honda” to which Yamaha responded “Don’t follow anyone”. Ever since Honda has lost market share and now Yamaha is not only eating Honda’s lunch in the market but is totally kicking their ass is sales.

Just sayin’ that’s all!

I wish they’d steal from MacBeth

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

Yeah, but that’s not really imitating a rival’s slogan, that’s more riffing on it with a clever comeback. It’s a deliberate response to the original slogan, not just a lame appropriation of it.

Now sure, if that’s what the McCain campaign is actually trying to do with Obama’s “Change” slogan (I can’t tell because I haven’t seen the ads), then it wouldn’t be pathetic. But if what they’re aiming for is in fact a zinger-type response rather than a desperate attempt at poaching, they don’t seem to have got their message across very well.

I can’t believe you guys are pitting honesty from the McCain campaign.

Change IS coming…when Obama is elected on November 4.

Lust4Life that was funny accurate and scary.

When McCain he was 16 years old he tied an onion to his belt, as was the style at the time.

Meh.

oh and…

:rolleyes:

The American people will get change, because that’s all that’s left? :slight_smile:

He has canned that slogan. John said he liked the slogan “Change is coming” “But I’m not going to telegraph my punches, which is what Sen. Obama did. And I’m going to act responsibly, as I have acted responsibly throughout my military career and throughout my career in the United States Senate.”

NurseCarmen, where did you see that? Just curious.

Entropy! Entropy!
Fun for the whole family!

Heh, well, he didn’t actually say that per se…

But since I took that quote directly form the transcript of the debate, I can assure you that Mr. McCain is very much against telegraphing!

“In this house we obey the second law of thermodynamics!” - Homer Simpson

I don’t care what McCain’s election slogan is and I don’t care if it was stolen or if it leaped full born from his forehead. I don’t care if McCain foams at the mouth and publicly masturbates at his next town hall meeting. I want the SOB to LOSE LOSE LOSE this election and I want his loss to be monumental; I want him to lose by the greatest number of popular votes ever; I’d prefer to see him loosing by something like 99.9997% of the votes cast. I want this for no other reason than that he would, if elected, promptly issue a Presidential Pardon for everything and anything this past administration, down to the lowliest minion might or might not have done, said, thought about doing or even dreamed about doing. I hope and pray that Obama wins and when approached about a pardon for the lying cheating rat bastards in this current administration laughs until he has to sit down and then reveals that a bounty has been placed on certain peoples heads or bodies, to be paid if those people are brought in dead or alive. In fact, I wish he would add a plank to his platform: Persecution and prosecution to the guilty; death to the convicted.

I am, though, still trying to keep an open mind and all until the conclusion of the final debate.

That seems fair. And balanced.
:wink: