McCain's new slogan: "Change Is Coming"

Seen it on the last couple of McCain TV ads. Gee, it’s nice to know that no matter what happens we’ll get change! :rolleyes: John, doing a knockoff of the other guy’s slogan this late in the game . . . I don’t think it ever works, and it’s a pathetic sign of desperation. You can’t poach the “change” theme, John; let it go.

McCain thinks that voters will remember the Change! slogan, but be unable to tell the difference between an intelligent, tall, black man with large ears and a short elderly guy who speaks in sound bites when they get to the voting booth.

We really need a whole new fucking Pit thread to bitch about a new slogan? Can we just put a fucking end to this shit already?

This is just McCain admitting Obama will win.

A dime, a nickel, and three pennies
----------*----------
McCain 2008

Yeah, wasn’t this covered in lissener’s pit thread? I know it mentioned something about how obsessed old folks are with correct change…

Something’s coming
I don’t know what it is,
But it is gonna be great.

Around the corner,
Or whistling down the river,
Come on, deliver,
To me!

Could it be?
Yes, it could.
Something’s coming,
Something good.
If I can wait…

Maybe tonight…

Now, is McCranky a Jet or a Shark? :wink:
There’s an old English saying, “a change is as good as a rest.” There’s a senior citizen McCain joke in there somewhere. :slight_smile:

I think it’s an effort to say “I won’t be anything like Bush” without having to actually bring up Bush.

And most of the stuff already mentioned above.

CHANGE! CHANGE! CHANGE LIKE MCCAIN HAS BROUGHT US OVER THE LAST 25 YEARS!

-Joe

Yeah, like finding change in couch cushions.

Rosebud

Well, Obama didn’t even do a **knockoff **of another guy’s slogan, he just straight up stole it:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theworldnewser/2008/08/our-political-e.html

Gee, I love piercing insights. “Change is coming.” Because everything remains static anyway.

McCain is trying to corner the entropy demographic. Change can be summarized as “more sagging”.

Change is Coming. Run!

Change is Coming. Vote for me and I’ll put a stop to that nonsense.

Change is Coming. Old people like me are easily frightened by change.

Change is Coming. Here’s your tax credit.

You’ll take anything you can get, won’t you?

By my calculation, Obama was 16 years old during that election. I somehow doubt that he intentionally “stole” the slogan.

McCain, on the other hand, is trying to appropriate a slogan from the guy he’s running against.

McCain’s spare Change is OK with Rand…as long as he doesn’t give it to dirty poor people.

<500/hour clerk&gt; Ya, well Obama STOLE the alphabet to write his speeches with! Do you think he made up his own vowels? Well do ya? &lt;/500/hr clerk>

I’ve seen the ads, and they just seem to have a certain creepiness about them. It’s like the change that’s coming is evil; it’s the way the words are rolled out on the screen, the ominous music that plays, the serious Optima typeface that’s used.

Agreed. It seems like something Legolas would say as he stands on a cliff, peering into a blood-red sky.