McDonald's POV body camera

I find the channel very interesting. I had wondered how McDonald’s fills orders so quickly.

The first link is cooking breakfast on the grill. The round eggs are cracked and cooked fresh. The scrambled is already partially prepared.

The 2nd video is assembling sandwhiches for lunch.

I’ll readily admit I’m not good with this type work. It’s so repetitive and they demand speed. I’m much better suited for mechanical work or computer programming. My day’s duties change constantly from hour to hour. I’d do landscaping work to avoid a job in a restaurant.

I’m glad there are people that can do fast food service.

A lot more wasted movement than I would have expected from McDonalds for a franchise that seems to try to optimize efficiency so much. Reaching under and around things awkwardly to hit buttons, going across the room and around people several times to reach the warmers. Finding a container of loose onions, having to open the lid, spoon some out and put the lid on again…

Maybe the efficiency is more geared towards the assembly portion of the work rather than the cooking, since the cooking part has a built in buffer time with the food warmers.

He’s assembling sandwiches in the 2nd video. There’s a lot of reaching, putting the buns in a warmer, getting the wrapping, sauce dispensers etc.

I’d be like Lucy at the conveyer belt with chocolates.

I guess I could eventually learn through repetitive practice. But, who wants to get yelled at by a 20 year old assistant manager?

Yeah, that all seems much more efficient. Until he gets to the cookies that is, but I guess that’s a far more occasional order.

I can understand why McDonald’s resisted custom sandwiches for many years. It’s much easier to train someone to assemble a Big Mac exactly the same way every time.

That had to end after Burger King skewered them with the Have it Your Way ads.

As a former McDonald’s employee with nearly a decade under the Golden Arches, I can assure you this is exactly how their kitchens operate… when there’s a camera or corporate speculum on site.

95% of the time, Hayward’s Law* applies.

• Hayward’s Law - Regulations are perfect for perfect situations. When required, regulations are to be intelligently disregarded.