MCU: No spoilers please: Any need to see "Eternals" prior to "Spider-man:No Way Home"?

Given that “Eternals” has met with a resounding “meh”, I wasn’t going to see it until next month when it pops up for free on Disney+. But I am pretty excited about the next Spider-Man movie and am planning to catch it in a theatre within the next week. (I’ve seen all the other MCU movies and the live-action Disney+ series)
I’m guessing nothing terribly important is set up, seeing as “Eternals” was primarily introducing a buttload of new characters, and “No Way Home” appears to pick up immediately after the end of “Far From Home”, with JJJ revealing Peter Parker to the world.
So…those of you who have already seen “No Way Home”, is there any reason at all to bother trying to catch “Eternals” first? Non-spoilery yes/no answers preferred.

I have seen Spider-Man, I have not seen Eternals. I didn’t notice any need to have seen it first. There may be tie-in references somewhere that I missed, but if so they were not plot relevant.

I haven’t seen Spider-man(seeing it tomorrow), but I have seen Eternals. My bet would be you 100% do NOT need to see Eternals before Spider-man 3.

I mean…I will be very surprised if its story contributes all that much to the new movie.

Just got back from No Way Home, you do not need to have seen Eternals, there is no reference to that film.

I haven’t seen “Far From Home”. Should I see that before “No Way Home”? And if so, where can I stream it? IIRC Disney+ does not have the streaming rights to the Spider-Man movies.

Yes, most definitely. This one starts directly where that one left off and you will be very confused if you have not seen it. It doesn’t appear to be on any free streaming service, but you can pay to rent it on Apple, Amazon, Vudu, etc.

You can check the DVD out of the library, or actually buy it.

Oh I’m sorry, only us old farts use physical media. Such a luddite I am.

(goes off to watch my own copy…)

What about Shang Chi or the Disney+ shows? I haven’t seen any MCU stuff since Endgame.

Ok. Except he asked where he can stream it.

True…

Mistakenly I interpreted “streaming” as “free streaming”, so that’s on me.

It is free from the library. :slight_smile:

Thanks Eyebrows. I’ll look for it on Amazon Prime.

Another no-spoilers please question:

Is there a mid-credit scene? A post-credit scene? Both? Neither? (I don’t think Marvel has done more than two credit cookie scenes…yet).

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 had, like, five.

I had forgotten that. Good recall.

So, how many, if any, mid-/post-credit scenes does No Way Home have?

Both.

I am hearing one mid-credit and one post-credit. I’ll report back tonight.

Thanks.

Turns out “Far From Home” is on the FX cable channel tonight. I’ll DVR it then watch it later so I can skip through the commercials.

I don’t think any of it is necessary.

Just doing a bit of Googling. Eternals will be available for streaming January 12th (and on DVD February 15th).

Like the OP, I’d rather see the movies in order. I’m used to two Marvel movies coming out in summer in quick succession, but the pandemic has probably messed up the schedule.