Meatloaf Sandwich: Better Than Sex?

Yet another reason a meatloaf sandwich is better than sex. A meatloaf sandwich never has a headache, won’t say “I’m not in the mood”, and won’t get upset if you eat another meatloaf sandwich.

Madd Maxx’s MeattLoaff:

1/2 lb each of ground beef & ground pork.
1 to 1-1/2 cups bread crumbs (seasoned or unseasoned).
1 egg.
1/4 cup ketchup.
1 medium onion diced small.
1 medium green pepper diced small.
Salt & Pepper to taste.

Mix ground meats, diced veggies, 1 cup bread crumbs, egg, salt & pepper in large bowl until combined. Add more bread crumbs as needed until the mixture is the consistancy of dough. Place into bread pan. Bake in a 350 oven until almost cooked completely. Pour (or squirt) ketchup on top of almost finished meatloaf. bake additional 10-15 minutes until meatloaf is finished cooking. Slice. Serve between pieces of bread.

:smiley:

To your recipe, I would add about a half-cup of milk, a tablespoon of worcester sauce and a tablespoon of dried sage to make it perfect.

I just started a “Your Meatloaf Recipes” thread in Cafe Society. Please post yours.

Thanks.

I have to disagree with the OP. The only food that is better than sex is chocolate. :smiley:

Many years ago a now ex and I were fooling around. We decided to retreat to the bedroom so she went to turn off the kitchen light. 5 minutes later I went looking for her and she was eating fresh strawberries with Magic Shell chocolate topping. By the time we made it to the bedroom we were too stuffed from eating the strawberries and chocolate to fool around.

And all the suggestions above sound good but they are missing one thing, a slice of provolone cheese. That my friends, makes a MLS a meal.

Heresy!

I don’t suppose I could have your meatloaf recipe, could I? It’s been so long.

Heh. I posted it over in the Cafe Society thread, but I don’t guarantee that it will work on anyone other than my SO. Not sure if he’s your type, but you can give it a shot. :smiley:

Sig Line!

If I could create a meatloaf based perfume or stinky candle, I WOULD RULE THE WORLD and get loads of wimmen laid and men laid and the world would be much happier place.

In other news, a Meatloaf sandwich never snores, never has morning breath and doesn’t hump your leg in the middle of the night trying to get you to …ahhh…eat it.

If Shirley was wearing a meatloaf scented perfume, I’d totally do her. Oh, who am I kidding? I’d probably do her anyway.

Alas, the last bits of sage-scented
Heaven have been consumed.
A lonely air pervades the chilled
Tomb wherein my heart’s desire lay
In repose until lovingly consumed
With pickle and mayo.

O loaf of my dreams,
Thou art lost and thy
Tang is but a distant memory.
Whither shall I draw such ecstacy
Again in this lifetime? That thou
Were consumed with such passion
Is mute testimony to your perfection.

Your time with me was but fleeting,
As regular bowel movements are not
To be denied. Cruel nature! Replenish
My loaf pan as you replenish the trees
In spring! Bring back the joy of the past
Week, and let me not suffer so.

But hark! Can this be? Hidden in the
Dark recesses of the icy fortress I spy
A frozen mass marked “HB-20%”. Oh
Joyous day! I give thanks to the gods
Who provide such bounty…

Ah, crap…freezer burn.

The thought of spending five hours in my apartment eating meatloaf sandwiches in every room and on every available surface does nothing for me.

Sex wins.

Wait. So, if we factor in the “cable is better than chocolate” guy from the commercial, we have:

cable TV > chocolate > meatloaf sandwich > sex.

Man, I had it all wrong as a teenager. :frowning: