Medical experts: how encrusted are our colons?

Could it not simply be digested food…from an hour ago, when they ate lunch?

Pictures, without a clear and certified record of their history (who had custody and things like that), prove nothing. Scientific American published a picture of Abraham Lincoln arm-in-arm with Marilyn Monroe. If the work is carefully done with attention to shadow angles etc. a doctored picture is difficult for an expert to detect and vitually impossible for the rest of us.

Hell, with my cheapo home photo editing software even I can do a pretty good job of faking things.

Captions from Colonblow pics:

**“This was the final release experienced approximately 40 hours from the start of this Colonblow.”

“This nicely signifies the elimination of long-term waste. There were 4 previous releases making up about 3+ pounds of waste. Then this release arrived. Nearly 2 feet of ‘rope’. This is the good stuff.”

“FYI… it didn’t fall apart when extracted from the commode.”

http://www.colonblow.com/**

I guess some folks have different ideas of what is good stuff.

David Simmons: I’d easily believe the pics are fake on the commercial websites. I’ve seen books independent of any manufacturer of colon-cleansing products that have many, many pics like that. A lot of fakery going on, if they’re fake. I’m not saying this necessarily isn’t the case.

(coding fixed - Jill)

Uh, everyone? Not be gross or anything, (can it be avoided in this topic?) but these “black ropy things” and “mucus strings” just look like, well, poop to me. Okay, sorta weird poop, but sometimes you eat some weird stuff, y’know? Poop is not a universal constant, my friends- it will change color, texture, size, smell, etc. depending on many, many factors: what you ate, your state of mind during digestion/excretion/, activity level, possible allergic reactions, medication/drugs taken, how well food was cooked, intestinal parasites, (we’ve all got some) blood sugar level, …well, you get the idea. My near-neighbor is a gastroenterologist, and a few years ago, my mom went to see him for digestion problems. (colonoscopy, too, but it turns out she just had acid reflux problems.) Despite this making for later somewhat awkward social interactions between the two, at neighborhood barbecues and such, I learned a lot about poop. (Hey, I’m curious gal.) Thus guy says enemas are only really helpful if you have a mild-to-moderate blockage, which are sorta common in people who eat a lot of bran-type foods and don’t drink enough fluids or get anough exercise. Your colon works just fine by itself, unless you have an actual clinically-diagnosable disease or disorder, such as Crohn’s Disease. Regular people with regular colons do not need enemas, and some types of enemas can actually- wait for it- chemically burn the lining of the anus! :eek: (People overly-sensitive to caffeine can also have bad reactions to coffee or tea enemas because it is absorbed into the blood stream too quickly during the enema.) He also said that anything that does not pass normally through the GI tract within 72 hours will either be violently expelled from one end or the other, or there will be major problems- like rectal bleeding and excruciating abdominal pain- not just the “feeling vaguely punk” these “ass health maniacs” describe. (Great phrase, BTW!) So the moral of this story, kids, appears to be that your ass is, in fact, exit only. :wink:

“Encrusted Colons” would make a mighty fine band name.

Oh, the irony.