Meenie7's invisible friend

That’s okay :slight_smile: I am completely aware that people won’t believe me a lot of the time, and really, *shouldn’t * believe me – they don’t see him, or talk to him or any of it. I wouldn’t believe a story like mine either from someone else, but I would believe that they thought it to be true, and write it off as a harmless little quirk unless they were wasting money on psychics over it or using it as a basis for their own money-grabbing scam.

Just one little point, though. At the time I first posted about Marcus, the thread was in IMHO. It was moved to Great Debates then. If it had started in Great Debates, I probably never would have posted in it, because I know that people get all riled up there about this sort of thing.

She posted that crap in GD.Why should she get a pass? I’m not even really pitting her (at least not unless and until we know for sure that she’s lying instead of deluded), so much as I’m pitting the passive, bovine acceptance of utter horseshit in the debate forum.

It was originally an IMHO thread before being moved to GD.

Shut the fuck up, you fucking troll.

Seriously. make an appointment and talk to somebody. There is no such thing as ghosts, m’kay. There is not even the slightest possibility that “Marcus” really exists. If you truly believe this crap (and I’m dubious that you do), then you have a mental disorder and you need to be treated.

Are you making this accusation as a moderator? Do you think I don’t believe every word I’m saying? Do you actually have a substantive objection to any of it? What am I saying that isn’t true? Has it now become against the rules to want people to show a little rigor in the debate forum?

Everybody still carried on the same after it got moved. You’ll notice I never said a word while it was still in IMHO.

Not many people gave her a “pass” the way ir ead it. Read the thread carefully, people challenged her, but they gave her constructive ways to test it and were nice about it rather than sticking their fingers in their ears and going “LALALA YOU’RE WRONG LALALA. STUPID HEAD DELUSIONAL FREAK!”

Why NOT test it? You’re using the exact same non-logic people use to prove angels and UFOs and ghosts. Meaning that you’re refusing the mere possibility of evidence to the contrary. Do I think it will test out positive? No. But there is absolutely nothing to lose by doing a simple test. It’s not like meenie isn’t functioning. She seems perfectly happy, if she were miserable because of it I’d say it’s not worth it and tell her to just get medication, but given her apparent state of being there’s no reason not to just hold out and see how it pans.

Because it’s not possible to perform a legitimate, controlled, scientific test on a message board.

No, but she can do a personal test. If she’s pleased with the results she can follow up. We gave her a simple idea and told her to report back. It won’t mean much to us immediately since it’s not controlled, but it will personally give her an answer that she can do whatever she needs with. If she’s really truly experiencing this and it doesn’t work it may finally convince her she was wrong and needs help. We can press for a controlled environment if her personal uncontrolled test seems to work out. Who knows, we may get our answer in a controlled environment, but it seems that’s never going to occur unless she agrees to prove it to herself with an uncontrolled one first. The possibility of getting evidence from reputable sources at a later date is worth getting potentially bad evidence right now.

Do you see “Moderator Notes:” or, perhaps, “Moderator Warning:” in the title, you fucking troll? No? Then I’m a poster, you fucking troll.

How am I to know if you mean it? You claimed, after gloating that someone died a horrible death, that that was hyperbole. That you were only glad he was dead, that you were not glad he suffered. I didn’t believe you; why should I believe you now? Why should I believe anything you say?

You’re a liar, a bullshitter, a troll; far beyond meenie7’s harmless nonsense.

If you’re so sure that I’m a troll, then why aren’t you warning me? By the way, there’s nothing harmless about schizophrenia.

There would be nothing verifiable about it. She can post whatever she wants. It would have no value to a debate on the subject.

This is why I haven’t rushed out to a doctor yet, as, keep in mind, this has been going on for 8 years, since I was 20. If I was really schizophrenic, I think I would have progressed to the “aliens are stealing my mail/where’s my tin foil hat/I can’t take a shower or the goblins will eat me” area by now. If it was fake, all it does is make me happy, and if it’s real, then it makes me happy, too.

I’ll warn you, as I stated quite clearly in the other thread, when I belive you are harming the board, as a moderator.

I’ll warn meenie7 when I believe she is harming the board, as a moderator.

In the meantime, there is no reason I cannot post my feelings as a member.

And Frank says I’m full of shit.

So what’s everyone supposed to do, just drop the subject after it goes to GD? Start pounding meenie’s vag with the fist of wisdom? All I see is a bunch of dicks.

Can’t you ever just be nice? Seriously, GD will be fine. It’s just one thread. There is no floodgate of irrationality waiting to burst upon the holy land of dopery.

Whoever heard of a nice Cynic?

I have never said that being full of shit is a quality that is exclusively yours.