Memorable advertising jingles for defunct products

I’ve heard it as: But watch out, the gals will all pursue ya

Didn’t that lead to: What do you want - good grammar or good taste?

Sea Galley must have been a national chain, because I remember those “crab legs” ads too and I live in DC. I thought they were cute, but my mother was disgusted by them.

Another I recently remembered, from 1982, sung by animated vegetables:

*I’m Sir Celery!
I’m Miss Parsley!
We are the Onion Twins!

Tuna Twist makes tuna taste
fresh as a garden!*

Sound effect of glass smashing.
“When you hear the crash, think of Jones Paint and Glass.”

We’d hear this jingle when driving home from football games. My brothers and I would giggle as we’d sing ‘When you hear the crash, think of Joan’s Painted A$$.’

Sound effect of glass smashing.
“When you hear the crash, think of Jones Paint and Glass.”

We’d hear this jingle when driving home from football games. My brothers and I would giggle as we’d sing ‘When you hear the crash, think of Joan’s Painted A$$.’

Brylcreem is still around for those who like the greasy look. Also, you almost got the ad words right. It should be "Watch out, the girls will all pursue ya. They’ll love to run their fingers through your hair.

The very first posting mentioning Rheingold beer reminded me of a song from the VERY early '70s.

It goes to the tune of the Battle Hymn of the Republic, or John Brown’s body lies a mouldering in the grave…

Mine eyes have seen the glory
Of the coming of the Lord
He is racing down the highway
In a black and yellow Ford
He has one hand on the throttle
And another on a bottle
Of RHEINGOLD EXTRA DRY

The right look
The right price
J Byrons

J Byrons was a clothing store…I was in 3rd, 4th grade, so this was around 1990. Then they changed their name to just Byrons, and the last line of the jingle to “at Byrons”
I can’t find any mention of them online, so they must have gone under or merged at some point. But it was a very big earworm for me.

Nintendo
Two cereals in one! WOW!

I loved the Spiece jingles:

I’m the jeans man, baby, gonna make 'em fit tight
The jeans man, baby, gonna make 'em feel right

or

He’s the jeans man, baby, we’re not talking fancy pants
The jeans man, baby, we’re not talking hot romance
C’mon baby, let’s get 'em up and get 'em on

I miss Tom Spiece. He did the coolest commercials.

Chevy went defunct? I had no idea.

And I’m sorry in advance to do this to everyone.

Riot at drug store
Calling all cars
100 customers
99 jars

BURMA SHAVE

Back when humorist Stan Freberg was doing TV commercials, he made one for Jeno’s Pizza Rolls featuring the William Tell Overture “(Have a pizza, pizza, pizza roll!”). at the end of the spot, a cigaret smoking man in a dinner jacket (representing Lark cigarets, which also used the William Tell Overture) begins to challenge the choice of music. He, in turn, is challenged by the Lone Ranger.

Also:

“Stronger than dirt! New Ajax laundry detergent is STRONGER THAN DIRT!”

It was the only commercial jingle that also ended up as the final four notes in a Doors song (Touch Me).

Bob Catterson was a car dealer in Indianapolis, but he ended up making commercials for dealers all over the the country. Rather than a fast patter, Bob came on the screen alone, talking slowly, forcefully. “If you. don’t. have. a Bob Catterson price…you. don’t. have a price. Come to Bob Catterson Buick.” Later, he came up with his signature pitch. “Nobody can beat a Bob Catterson price. Nooooooooooooooooooobody!” He never talked about the car, or the service, just his slow, drawn-out pitch. He sold a lot of cars, a lot. of. cars.

Whenever anybody asks me “Why?” I still come back immediately with “Why ask why? Drink Bud Dry!” It’s been at least ten years since I’ve said it to anyone who knew what Bud Dry was.

Another short lived 80’s cereal. I remember that one. The whole jingle was to the tune of the theme of the sewer levels from Super Mario Bros.

IIRC, the whole thing went like this

(Sung) Nintendo!
(Spoken by two kids, with way too much caffeine in them) It’s for breakfast now!
(Sung) Nintendo!
(Spoken by the two kids) It’s a cereal! Wow!
(Sung) Nintendo!
(Spoken by the two kids) Super Mario jumps!
(Sung) Nintendo!
(Spoken by the two kids) It has fruit flavored crunch!
(Sung) Nintendo!
(Spoken by tthe wo kids) Here’s Zelda, too!
(Sung) Nintendo!
(Spoken by the two kids) It’s berry good news! [Weren’t they clever with the puns?]
(Sung) Nintendo!
(Spoken by the two kids) You just can’t lose!
(Sung) Nintendo!
(Spoken by the two kids) Two cereals in one! WOW!!

Though I never tried the stuff, from what I understand, it was pretty awful. It just goes to show that licensing a popular brand will only get you so far if your product is crap.

Like Hoopy Frood, I remember Crispy Critters. But all I can recall is “The one and only cer-e-al that comes in the shape of an-i-mals.”

And not merely a guy dressed as the Lone Ranger – it’s Clayton Moore, the original Lone Ranger. He’s accompanied by Jay Silverheels in the commercial, the original Tonto (“Pizza Roll, Keemosabe?”)

The commercial is a direct parody of Lark cigarette’s “Show us your Lark Pack” commercial, which featured a truck driving around the city with a sign “Show us your Lark Pack”, along with the William tell Ovetture, as you say. But it was the entire concept of the cigarette commercial they were parodying, not just the music).
One of my all-time favorite commercials.

I liked the way Moore does the dismissive handwave when offered the pizza rolls, then Tonto starts shovelling them into his pouch.

And of course they end it with “Who was that masked man?” “I don’t know, but I wanted to thank him.”

“Mabel! Black Label!”
“Calllllll forrrrrr Philip Morrrisssssss!”

Oldsmobile bit the dust in 2004…I can barely remember their old-fasioned jingle:
“We’re the gallant men from Olds”-anyone know the jingle?
The Rheingold Beer Ad I remember:
“My beer is Rheingold the dry beer…it’s not bitter, not sweet, hits the spot real neat…my beer is Rheingold, the dry beer”!Rheingold was owned by a famous brewer (Col. Jacob Ruppert); sadly the brand died in the early 1970’s.