Memories of 9/11 are increasingly showing up in news and blogs.

Recollections of 9/11 are increasingly showing up in news and blogs.

Here is mine. I get up and turn on Bloomberg TV and am fixing breakfast for my wife and hear about the first plane hitting the towers. I switch to CNN. My wife gets up and I pour coffee and and tell her a plane just hit one of the World Trade Towers. I turn my back to the TV and the wife says ‘another plane just hit the other tower’. I say "Those clever son’s of bitches! You know what day it is? and she says “yes”.

Well, um, thanks for sharing.

I’d really rather not be reminded of that horrible day. Who can ever forget it?

The sadness of it is still with me. 9-11 finally made me understand why my dad would never talk about being in W.W. II. There are some things you just don’t want to think about.

Bri2k

… I don’t get it.

9/11. Like the U.S. emergency phone number 911. Although I’m sure the masterminds behind the attacks didn’t pick the day for that reason. Just coincidental.

Gotcha. So obvious, only I could miss it. :smiley:

And of course, the date would be written as 11/9 in most other countries. Putting the month before the day is a peculiarity of the U.S.

Knock knock.
Who’s there?
9-Eleven
9-Eleven who?
I thought you said you’d never forget.

*Did you hear about 9/11?

No, what happened on the 9th of November?

Oh great, now I’m going to have to avoid the SDMB for the entirety of September, too. I’d better stock up on books.

I was born on that date. :smiley:

I’m still trying to figure out what the OP is talking about having happened on August 17th!