Merry Fucking Easter!

The grocery store is closed today. :frowning:

On the bright side, tomorrow chocolate eggs (and all the other leftover candy) will be on sale.

Hey Lobo! Happy Sunday then. May whatever makes you happy happen lots. The world needs atheists too and needs atheists to contribute good things to humankind. Go forth and be pleasant to someone somewhere.

It’s a miracle!

I’m a pretty nice person and usually feel very tolerant and accepting of religious belief, but atheists are allowed to be angry. If someone in the Pit really ruins your holiday because they say they think your faith is wrong and dumb, I don’t have it in me to feel sorry for you.

It helps that I thoroughly enjoy the fruits of Christian delusions. Had a great Easter breakfast with the BF’s Catholic family this morning, now off to a delicious dinner!

So, is he risen, or is he back?

Whether or not the OP is an asshole is kind of irrelevant, don’t you think? I wonder how many of those who are so tolerant of the ‘Jesus is Risen!’ kind of signage hanging from public property, would feel the same way if the sign read ‘There is no God, but Allah!’ or some other non-Christian religious slogan.

I would suspect that this kind of display is actually illegal? But I guess it’s okay if its in Jesus’ name, Amen.

Neither, actually. :smiley:

I assume that He is Risen means to suggest that his return is imminent, doesn’t it?

No.

You’re not foolin’ anyone, you know. You’ll be stone dead in a moment.

ITT: OP troll or retard, you decide!

I’m getting better!

Technically this isn’t an either-or sort of situation. :smiley:

I’m not trying to troll, and hopefully I’m not going full-retard. I just got pissed off by a sign because it said something unsupportable as a fact. Can’t the signs say, “We believe, without any evidence, that He is risen.”? Is that so much to ask?

Negatory. I couldn’t care less either way. It’s just a stupid banner.

I think it’s perfectly relevant, and a fruitful area for analysis as long as we’re in the Pit. And I say that as an atheist who’d much rather than even the exemptions for “ceremonial deism” were done away with in the US.

If the issue was simply a case of public property used for religious messages, then presumably that would have been the substance of the OP. Instead, it seems to have touched off some kind of asshole-fugue-state, bitching about people “wasting their lives in a pathetic delusion”. It’s the difference between “creches shouldn’t be setup outside City Hall or the local court house.” and “you fucking stupid Christians, don’t you know that there is no God?”

It’s perfectly possible to be an atheist without being an asshole about it.

Good luck. My campaign to put “IN GOD SOME OF US OCCASIONALLY LIKE TO PRETEND WE TRUST” on our coins was shot down for some bullshit “lack of space” reason.

While I am a Catholic, I agree that professions of faith, of any kind, do not belong on public property and should not be publicly funded.

Not that anyone gives a fuck what I think
:smiley:

Oh and BTW - the OP could have done w/o the snark, but whatever
:stuck_out_tongue:

My sentiments as well. Just because I don’t share someone’s religious beliefs doesn’t mean I’m going to mock them.

In other news, Zeus didn’t really turn into a swan and have sex with Leda, after which she laid an egg out of which hatched Helen of Troy. That was completely made up, and I feel strongly that everyone should know it.

Hey, everybody who’s read a book knows that it was Thor slipping his hammer in the back door while Zeus was off buying lightning bolts.

But it was published in Penthouse! They fact check these things!