Meteorologist, Dead Dude with dog collar in hot tub. Priceless

Ah, I think the key is this:

Latinos can actually be of any race - white, black, Asian, mestizo… for example, from 1990 to 2000 the president of Peru was Roberto Fujimori, a Latino of Japanese descent.

So many government forms treat the whole Hispanic/non-Hispanic thing separate from race.

Whether that is how it should be is another question.

Card, schmard - send 'em this thread!

Brett Cummins resigned from his weatherman job Friday. I hope he gets some rehab help. The description of drug use (in the police report) sounds like he’s got a problem IMHO.

The police still haven’t finished the investigation. The autopsy was done last Tuesday. I still think it was a drug overdose and maybe drowning if the guy’s head went underwater. The autopsy would confirm drowning if water was found in the lungs. I guess it’ll be a few more days before the cops release a report and decide on any charges.

The victim looks pretty young. maybe early twenties?
http://www.todaysthv.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=172418

Your article says 24 so, yeah, I’d guess early twenties.

Aww, he was so cute! Poor bastard.

That he was. Not that it’s less tragic if he were ugly but still.

But I mean he looks so friendly and sweet. Not that a lot of total bastards don’t photograph all friendly and sweet–but let’s face it, after you’re dead, you better have some flattering photos for lookie-loos like us to pore over!

I’m not sure about the drowning, aceplace57. I think the tub was empty. My guess is that he lapsed into unconsciousness, and with his head falling forward, the collar cut off his airway.

Poor bastard. Bet Cummins didn’t forecast sonny and still…

CNN mentioned the other day that the weatherman plans to “clear his name.” I think this is one time I’d just shut up and hope the ridicule went away soon.

Clear his name of any rumors of causing the death, sure. Clear his name of being a drugged up perv, not so much.

If the tub had had water in in, and was like a hot tub, I would suggest the heat combined with drugs triggered cardiac arrest from too much relaxation. That is a risk with hot tubs. But the tub being empty when found suggests otherwise.

What exactly does it suggest? My default assumption is they did a bunch of crack, got in a hot tub and had a sexy time and then one of them decided to drain the tub but passed out in between draining the tub and getting out. Perhaps I missed a revelation in the case but I’m not seeing malicious intent. Just poor judgment.

The tub being drained means he had time to cool down. Of course if the other one drained the tub after the first was already dead, well that’s a possibility.

I wasn’t trying to suggest malicious intent. Just trying to connect the dots on how a hot tub can cause death, but you kinda need to be in the hot water at the time. Draining the tub would be the same as getting out of the hot tub, which is the recommended action to prevent death.