Meteorologist, Dead Dude with dog collar in hot tub. Priceless

You don’t need a card. Just clip the item from the newspaper and send it to a loved one with the message “Thinking of You”. They’ll know what you mean.

Regards,
Shodan

Once when I was vacationing in London, I sent my boss a postcard of the torture chamber in the Tower of London and wrote on it, “Having a wonderful time, wish you were here.”

I see what you did there. [audio]golf clap[/audio]

Does it play a tune when opened?

kayaker: straight man to the stars.:smiley:

And if not, they certainly should! A guy in that situation needs a kind word.

Tris

Many on-air professionals have a “morality” clause in their contracts about public behavior unbecoming towards the station. And, I have to say, if I were this employer, I’d enforce that in this case. Can you imagine the nerve of this Mr. Cummins? Throwing up on someone’s carpet and not even offering to help clean it up? That’s just the height of bad manners.

Huh. The article I read said that Mr. Cummins suggested they clean it up before he left and when the cops arrived they found the spot that he puked on had been cleaned up and cleaning product on the table nearby. I was curious about where you would go after waking up next to a dead guy in a tub and then having to clean up your own puke on the guy’s rug knowing the cops are on their way. How awkward. What do you say? And where do you go to get your head back on straight enough to go back and answer the investigators’ 20,000 questions?

Why do they list the ethnicity of all three people as “not Hispanic”? Does Arkansas only recognize two ethnicities (Hispanic and not Hispanic)?

And the reputation will dog him forever.

This is good, but I was looking for “I’m sorry you were found in a tub with a dead guy in a dog collar-Humorous” card.

This card might work.

Ooh, here’s a good one. Even better.

Depends on what part of Arkansas you are talking about. It’s pretty true here, as we have no black people. Sure, we have a few transplanted Asian Americans, but people tend to group them with the white people.

But, really the reason is that calling them white but calling Latinos Hispanic seems somewhat racist.

I think you are wrong here, Eve. It’s actually from American Greetings.

Read posts 16, 21, and 25.

Oh sure, it looks cute on the outside, just don’t open it!

Rub-a-dub-dub,
two men in a tub,
And how do you think they got there?
The weather forecaster
and one to meet its maker,
'Twas enough to make dopers care.

Good thing the meteorologist was not the one wearing the dog collar. Then he really would have been embarrased.

Well, let’s not kibble over it, this news has been unleashed, but its bark is worse than its bite.

Thank you. Somehow, I missed that on my first read.

Although none of them really answer the question. Is it important to know whether somebody’s Hispanic in Arkansas, but they don’t care whether you’re black, American Indian, Japanese, or Greek?

Here is a form (PDF)from an Arkansas state web site for some kind of pharmacy license application. It also only lists two choices for “ethnicity”:

(Hispanic/Latino) or (Not Hispanic/Latino)

But there is an additional line for “race” which includes choices like “white”, “black”, “Asian”, etc.

The arrest report in the OP has a line for “complexion” which was left blank. It probably would be the race if it were filled in. For whatever reason the only ethnicity they seem interested in tracking is Hispanic.