Meteorologist, Dead Dude with dog collar in hot tub. Priceless

I think it’s a truncation of “White, not Hispanic”, which I’ve seen on many demographics forms.

I guess there’s more than one way to be White?

Warning my girls off drugs is so easy nowadays.

“Girls, do you think that this guy ever imagined that doing drugs would one day lead to him being found in a hot tub with a dead dude wearing a dog collar? Well, thanks to him, you can!”

Strictly speaking, it’s not yet a crime scene as the death could well have been accidental or due to natural causes, and as far as I know, sitting in a hot tub wearing a dog collar isn’t illegal, even in Arkansas. Just a bit weird.

Around here they’d call that a “death investigation”.

…so the KARK guy didn’t cark it 'coz he B. Cummins on the couch…

What I’ve been seeing for a couple of years is “Hispanic / Not Hispanic” as a separate question from “White / Asian / Polynesian / Native American / African-American” on demographic questions. (Whenever I have the option, I don’t answer either question.)

I gotta say, that’s a real bitch of a way to die.

Gosh, you know, I was kind of nervous about my annual employee review coming up later this month. But I’ll bet it will *pale *in comparison to Brett Cummins’ next employee review.

I think it’s fair to note that according to this report, the police have not charged the meteorologist with a crime nor have yet determined whether a crime has even been committed.

But don’t let that stop anyone from assuming that Mr. Cummins should or will lose his job over this.

As a meteorologist, he would expect some rain on his parade.

Sounds like a ruff night to me…

edit

Never mind rain on his parade, he was probably waiting for a golden meteor shower

Did they arrest the guy? Was it a good collar?

The viral marketing for Hangover 3 is getting really out of hand.

Hot diggidy dog, it was a good collar! There were bennies in the jets.
And I hear that that golden meteor shower brought flash flooding. With hot breaks. And swells.

I’m gonna stop now.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

I am really curious how this is going to be handled at KARK, and how awkward this year’s office holiday party will be.

The latest:

MAUMELLE, Ark. (AP) — Police have spoken multiple times to an Arkansas meteorologist in the days since he was allegedly found asleep in a hot tub next to a dead man, though no charges have been filed and police say they are not treating the case as a criminal investigation . . . Cummins did not respond to several messages this week seeking comment. Officials at KARK also did not return phone messages.

Since Emily Post isn’t available, I’ll ask you, Eve - what is the proper etiquette in dealing with this situation?

A bright social smile and careful avoidance of certain topics (future employment, the internet, bathtubs, cocaine and dog collars being among them).

Is there a particular type of card that would be appropriate? For example would I go with the “death of a loved one” category or “death of a pet?”

I think Hallmark actually *makes *an “I’m sorry you were found in a tub with a dead guy in a dog collar” card.

So, how long before the hot tub shows up on Craigslist (“slightly used, great for family fun and pets”)?