Michael Moore claims to have "director's cut" of Nicholas Berg video

At least, according to news reports.

The question is, how will Moore attempt to use this for political and personal gain?

Now understand, I don’t disagree with some of Moore’s beliefs, just in the manner in which he conveys them. To call “Bowling For Columbine” a tad politically biased is like calling Michael Jackson “a little unsettling.”

I wonder how this will all play out.

Funny how he doesn’t explain how he got it. I can just imagine an Al Queda guy coming up to him saying, “We have extra footage of the beheading of an American that was too brutal for us to use. Perhaps you have some use for it.”

Michael Moore is such a fucknugget.

Are you assuming this is video of his beheading? The title of the article is “Moore says he has footage of Berg interview” (bolding mine) which sounds like it’s something different, and not the beheading. It could be more clear, though.

I agree it could be better worded. My impression was, it was extraneous footage not used in the final video cut released to news agencies.

Directors Cut?

Where the fuck are you getting that from. Your arse?

This sounds like a unused interview footage to me.

A one minute search finds

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3757665.stm

No directors cut for you I’m afraid.

First of all, yojimbo, I’ll thank you to keep your Sakai-lovin’ ass in check. No need for the uncivil tongue.

Based on this statement, it was originally unclear as to whether the interview was part of an interview Moore had with him, an interview the terrorists who lopped of his head conducted (i.e., talk about your personal life, etc., before we kill you) or someone else.

I don’t see where your link makes it any clearer which of these it is, either.

Oops. I somehow missed the word “interview”. Looks like I’m a fucknugget also. :frowning:

I think you’re looking for an explination after the fact. It’s quite clear from yojimbo’s posts that it is an interview with Berg, and nothing to do with the beheading.

This is Michael Moore’s attempt to keep his name in the headlines as much as possible. He’s full of more shit than a septic tank.

And I’ll say fuck and arse as much as I want to, like you can make knee jerk conclusions.

From what I can see this is more likely the truth.

He interviewed the guy for some reason or another to do with the war. Didn’t use it. It is now more relevant due to the fact that the poor fucker got his head sawn off by a group of animals in Iraq . Any news source or movie maker would be re-evaluating footage if they had some.

He’s dealing with the parents from what I’ve read so he’s not just putting it out there without thought of the effects.

Actually [she is the quote relate to Berg’s sister

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/news/local/8780854.htm?1c

So we probably need to wait and see how this turns out.
Interesting though.

Salon had an article on this yesterday. link

This is apparently pronounced, “I’ll act like a dicksmack as much as I want, la la la la LA la.” Very profound. :rolleyes: Just because it’s The Pit doesn’t give you license to act like a jackass, unless it’s natural territory.

Which begs the question, if he was interested in “dealing strictly with the parents,” why did news of this ended up splashed all over the papers?

I’ll leave it to others to draw the conclusions.

The Pit isa license to swear and your stupid post is a good reason for it. The article clearly referred to an interview. And considering Michael Moore has said he is not going to release it to the public, there is no reason to think he is going to use it for personal gain. The thinking behind opening this thread is obviously “I don’t like Michael Moore and everything he does reinforces my belief that he is an ass.”

Uh, no. The Pit is a place where swearing is allowed. Acting like a jackass and swearing are two completely different things.

Swear if you must, and think it will make you sound better educated.

As to Mike Moore, I could honestly care less about his agenda, but to try and pretend that this move is anything but a calculated plan to keep his name in the press is profoundly obtuse.

FTR, I own “Bowling for Columbine” on DVD. I don’t think a true Moore-hater would support the man’s future by contributing to his coffers.

Is it so wrong to question the guy’s motives, though? I question GWB’s, and nobody says boo about it. Is Moore somehow untouchable?

Well said. I agree whole-heartedly.

See also:

From Salon.com:
“Word of the footage reached Salon through a source unaffiliated with Moore or his film “Fahrenheit 9/11,” which is reported to feature stark images of U.S. civilians and soldiers grappling with conditions in war-torn Iraq, as well as examining the relationship between President George W. Bush and the bin Laden family.”

He later confimed it to them with the statement posted above. OK by you?

Because he wants to sell tickets to his movie?

[quote=From Salon.com:
“Word of the footage reached Salon through a source unaffiliated with Moore or his film “Fahrenheit 9/11,” which is reported to feature stark images of U.S. civilians and soldiers grappling with conditions in war-torn Iraq, as well as examining the relationship between President George W. Bush and the bin Laden family.”

He later confimed it to them with the statement posted above. OK by you?[/quote]

Translation of Chastain86’s comment:
I’m too fucking blinded by hatred to wait for facts in this case, I’d rather bash this strawman I’ve conveniently set up.

No wonder it’s taking longer…

On preview, cmason32, you too…