Michele Bachmann becomes Swiss.

Apparently her husband is of Swiss ancestry and the whole family recently took up that option. Now if only this meant we could deport her and let her be Switzerland’s problem

I’m pretty sure the Swiss would gladly accept her there for about thirty seconds before declaring war on the United States.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=michele%20bachmann%20anti-american%20video&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CE8QtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D8bT01mC9xSA&ei=RUWrT_9phOr0BIT1nRo&usg=AFQjCNEFqdBYAyB999KcetjLiQ0uE6o41A

So was that just one big cover for her own dastardly plans? Throw 'em off the trail? :eek:

There goes the Canton.

What makes a woman turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or was she just born with a heart full of neutrality?

Can she now be deported?
No? She’s still an American too?
Damn!

Well, we all knew she was full of holes. What?

I wonder if she’ll take advantage of that universal health care.

In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? A cuckoo lady.

Apparently, she’s already denouncing her Swiss citizenship due to backlash:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/10/bachmann-no-longer-neutral-on-swiss-citizenship/

I can see it now:

“We apologize, Mrs. Bachmann, but the long form birth certificate you submitted to us saying that you are a natural-born citizen does not appear to be genuine. Thus, we cannot be sure that you are a United States citizen, so we will not grant you Swiss citizenship. Thankfully, Switzerland has universal health care so we can treat your severe shock, but Barack Obama is not so lucky, since he will not get the medical treatment he needs when he passes out from laughing too hard when he gets wind of this.”

I didn’t think it possible for my respect for her to go any lower, but with this “denounciation” it has sunk to a new level.

She probably didn’t anticipate the backlash.

It is that ability to foresee the reaction to things that one was one of things that made her such a strong Presidential candidate.

Drugs or no, Lance Armstrong wouldn’t ride those Alps. Not even with your bike…

You know, if a Democrat member of Congress had become a dual citizen, she would have been one of the first to criticise that person as unpatriotic.

Incidentally, she would not have been able to do this in Australia: Australian members of Parliament are not allowed to be dual citizens, under the Australian Constitution,

:smack: “Gee, I don’t know why anyone would have an issue with a patriotic American having allegiance to another country.” :smack:

Boxes of rocks have more look ahead depth.

Unless Switzerland has some REALLY LAX and strange immigration and naturalization law how the hell did she accidentally stumble into being a dual citizen?

I have never seen a country where the spouse of a citizen doesn’t have to first acquire permanent residency(this is not easy by any definition even if you are lucky and breeze through) and then spend a certain amount of time in country and then satisfy a waiting period of years before they can apply for citizenship. So she spent tons of time in Switzerland, years of back and forth filing of forms and interviews etc, oops oh my gosh I accidentally a citizenship!

Switzerland extends citizenship to children of Swiss citizens, which Marcus Bachmann is. They have an expedited process for spouses and children, Marcus went ahead with his citizenship, and she filed for hers. No residency required.

Yea most countries recognize jus sanguinus and it is usually a rather simple process to file and have your children’s citizenship recognized, but it is kinda strange they extend that to spouses in Switzerland.

This would always have been weird, for someone who ran for president to even flirt with a foreign connection, let alone a foreign citizenship.

But in this political climate, with the manufactured insanity about Obama’s birth, it’s positively bizarre.

I don’t think it’s stupidity, as much as grounded in that fanatical, polarized righteousness of her and her kind*: she thinks anything she does is right, because she’s a Christian/conservative/Republican/etc. If she were caught selling nuclear weapons to Al-Quaeda, anyone who criticized her would be an evil librul. The “real enemy” would be the lazy, overpaid government employees who disabled the bombs.

More of what we’ve come to expect from the lyin’ ass bitch.

*I am not saying that all conservatives are like this. But some are.