Michigan Summer Dopefest

I’m on for sure. Even checked with Dad on bringing some venison, which he said “have at 'er!”.

It’s on my calendar and everything.

I was thinking, it would be so cool to have some kind of Doperpalooza as Juniper so aptly described it. Honestly, wouldn’t that just the $%it to have Dopers from all over the US come? Maybe we should start a big thread. I could put someone (or two if they’re a couple) up at my house for the weekend and cart 'em up there. Should we start a different thread for this possibly? Maybe we could get group rates at a hotel if we had enough people. I’m good at organizing so I’d be happy to help…any takers?

Unless I have to work that weekend (which is extremely unlikely) or something else comes up (like a wedding or my sister’s graduation party) I will definitely be there.

And I’ll probably be picking up Medea’s Child.

Dammit. Here I try and do something nice and Mrs X go’s and shoots me dead in the ass. I HAVE BEEN TOLD that I will NOT be driving to Montreal to pick up ANYBODY! Unless, I’m assuming, that it’s Garth Brooks or someone else she has the hots for…

That said…Matt, we really DO want you to come here for the fest! I’ll be checking on different modes that you may be able to use and will get back with you through email to let you know what’s what.

Dammit :frowning:

matt, we’re working on it. If you wanna get here, some way, we’ll figure something out. I know Mrs. X, and if she says xploder’s not driving to Montreal…well, he’s not driving to Montreal. But I really want to meet you (I’ve always had a soft spot for ya), so we’ll get you here some way!

BunnyGirl: KICK butt! The more attendees we can get, the better! Thanks for offering! Most appreciated! :smiley:

Anyone wanting/needing/desperate for more info, there is a Hotmail account set up. It’s flintdope@hotmail.com. xploder and I both have access to it, so if you want answers, ask me. If you want correct answers, ask him. :smiley:

Hmmm… tempting thought… I’ve lurked long enough to wonder what many Dopers are like, and Flint’s only a four hour drive from here…

Any idea how many people are planning to come, thus far?

link to BunnyGirl the Magnificent’s thread

Thread closed at the request of the OP and because I’m pissed that I can’t attend. :wink:

For more details, follow the link in wring’s post above.