Mike Pence in 2024-- please tell me it's not happening

Kristi Noem is my guess, assuming normality prevails.

We’ll see. I doubt Race Bannon has the necessary broad based appeal.

Well, first he’s gotta make some scratch on the wingnut welfare circuit (FOX, CPAC, etc.), then there will be a book (which will show up as a bestseller because of bulk purchases by PACs, natch’), then an “exploratory committee”. That is IF Trump let’s him.

If the right wing echo chamber let’s Trump continue to dominate them, then there won’t be any oxygen for Pence. If instead they abandon Trump, then Trump will likely try to throw everyone, Pence included, under the bus. So, he will have to deal with that noise.

My take is that he will get used to the money making and eventually choose to stay away. Could he go for a Senate seat, if one opens up? Both of the Indiana Senators are new, so I don’t see that happening.

Maybe it will be one of the tRump spawn? Think about that horror show.

I don’t think the Republicans run Pence. There are basically two options next time. They could use the Trumpian strategy which got them the most success in a long while. (Even if Trumpism itself fades, they could find someone similar.) Or they genuinely try to find someone who can appeal to both sides like Biden.

Pence is neither of those. He was just the perfect lackey type. He’s not going to get the base excited, and those outside his base think he’s too crappy. The only way he gets the nomination is if there’s just no one better. He even loses if the Pubs let the vote split like they did in 2016.

The guy I’m concerned about it Tom Cotton, honestly. Though, granted, I am an Arkansan. I hate that no one ran against him, even if they couldn’t win, just so people could voice how much they didn’t like him. Apparently, based on what my sister said (who voted normally rather than absentee), there was no option to even not vote for the unopposed candidates.

“Mike Dense,” as one of my Indiana-based coworkers refers to him, wants to be president, and has been looking into it for years. The field of people angling to run in 2024 includes Pence, Pompeo, Haley, and Cruz, all of whom are angling to tap into the Trump base.

The wildcard is Trump–Trump may well run again, or maybe Don Jr.

Anything with Harris at the top of the ticket will give me the warm fuzzies.

I had planned to vote for her in the primaries, and was SOOOOOO bummed when she dropped out. I’d made up my mind really early on to vote for her, and had to scramble to research the other candidates; it pretty much came down to “Which woman do I think has the best chance of defeating Trump?”

I was really sad, because Harris was someone I wanted to vote for, as opposed to just someone I was using to vote against Trump --the only reason I voted for Biden, who for the record, I like, and think will do a fine job, just isn’t someone I have any passion for; ask me about the dance I did when Harris became his running mate.

In fact, if we have a Harris/-?- ticket, I may actually throw myself into working for the campaign, in a way I have not done since I was in my 20s, and I worked hard for some local and state campaigns-- and wish I had done for Hillary Clinton’s campaign, but was overconfident.

He can’t do it alone, and he won’t be able to stand up to the cabinet, Trump’s kids, or even low level aides…

Tom Cotton is somehow less charismatic than Mike Pence.

Cotton may be policy wise aligned to Trump but Trumpism is not really about policy. It’s about bombastic anger towards the other.

A good reference is watching a Trump rally. I’ve seen sitting republican senators and governors speak at the podium and the noise of chattering from the crowd is an indication people aren’t really paying attention. It’s boring politician speak even when they espouse Trump’s polices like building a wall. But when a popular MAGA figure speaks there is a tremendous reception.

Steve Schmidt is suggesting that they run Tucker Carlson. I have no other comment.

The Nation: Trump is a liar like we’ve never seen.
The GOP: Hold my beer.

I do. (NSFW?)

Nothing is impossible, but Pence has no charisma.

Republicans are going to be knocking each other out of the way to get nominated in 2024. Pence will be up against a murderer’s row of candidates, and there’s already buzz about some of them, like Nikki Haley.

Potatoe.

Thank you for this!

It will not be Pence. He has so little charisma, he makes Mike Dukakis look like Elvis.

It will be whoever Don the Con tells his MAGAnuses to vote for. Whether it’s him or Donnie Junior is still up in the air.

I read the entire article and never once did it tell me how Pence is “feeding” Trump’s claims.

Try reading it again. You might find this quote:

And, despite the Lincoln Project ad, Pence has still taken steps to show his commitment to Trump. Last week, Pence jetted to West Palm Beach, where he promised a crowd of conservative youth that, “We’re going to keep fighting until every legal vote is counted. We’re going to keep fighting until every illegal is thrown out.” He also urged the young voters to “stay in the fight” against election fraud.

Mike Pence–Like White Bread, But Wet.

I don’t know…that’s seems kinda vague and non-specific. Pence has never said that Trump won or that Biden lost. Pence has already indicated that he’s not going to do anything and that’s why Rep. Gohmert is suing him:

Pence is very level-headed, polite, and soft spoken. I hope he does run in 2024 and he definitely has my vote.