Mild Pitting of Beck

JFC, man, you seem to be getting really worked up over this trivia, to the point that unfortunately you seem to be misinterpreting a lot of what I said to fit your rapidly developing bias. For example:

Where the hell did I ever say we should change the standards just for her? Please read the last line of my post again, which was also quoted by @CairoCarol. It says the opposite. I was using her as an example to articulate a general principle.

Oh, bloody hell!

I’ve said – at least two or three times, as I recall – that Beck’s criticism there was inappropriate and should not have been made. How is that, in any sane interpretation, “defending” her response?

What I have done is drawn a distinction between language proficiency and the totally different issue of the form and quality of a post. I also acknowledged several times that both my pickiness about grammar (for which I would never criticize a non-native English speaker) and about general form and quality of a post (for which I’ll criticize anybody) are my own personal hot buttons. These deficiencies on a message board are often objectively unimportant (unless they seriously impair readability) but careless posts always bug me. I consider them a marker of laziness. Criticize me for that if you will, but it has nothing to do with Beck.