Milk consumption

In the winter we go thru about a gallon a week as milk with supper always… during the summer a 1/2 gallon can last about 2 weeks here as I use it in hot tea.
Growing up we got milk from the farm up the road and we had to shake it before drinking, I still occasionally will shake the milk from the store and my husband thinks I am weird (city boy)

I drink 2% milk with every meal that I eat at home, and with the lunches I bring to work. I drink about two gallons per week.

I use milk on cereal several times a week.

I like a glass of milk with mildly spicy foods. For example chili.

We buy a half gallon every 2 weeks.

Nope. Don’t drink milk. Occasionally cook with it.

I use half and half in my coffee, and I eat yogurt and cheese. But I don’t drink just a glass of milk. It hasn’t tasted right in decades, so I just stopped.

I drink one half to one gallon of whole milk per week. It’s organic, because I prefer the taste. I also drink chocolate milk after my workouts. The pre-made chocolate milk is too sweet, so I mix a 1:3 ratio with whole milk.

It’s not uncommon for me to have a glass of milk with supper.

Nope. The scandis drink a lot more milk, and in fact drink it with any meal; scandinavians in both locations excluded, the average American isn’t that different from the average Western European.

Zero. The only milk I use is condensed, and mixed with my cat’s powdered medications.

I’ll cook with it. Or use it in instant oatmeal. Other than that zero. Not even in coffee.

A while back a friend and I went out for breakfast. She had a big glass of milk to go with it. Just seemed odd. I mean whatever floats your boat, but I had never seen an adult order milk in a restaurant. Even with breakfast.

2%, lactose free, takes me forever to finish it. I use it on cereal, drink it when I eat peanut butter on toast, and the rare times I have cookies.

I have cereal and milk for breakfast most days, but don’t use much of it otherwise. A gallon lasts me about a couple of weeks. It’s either 1% or 2%, depending on whether I bought it from Walgreen’s or Aldi (Aldi is cheaper, but only has 2%, and is enough further away that I don’t bother unless I need other groceries too).

I also use other dairy products, especially cheese and sometimes yogurt and butter, but I don’t track how much of those.

I have cereal and milk for breakfast most days, but don’t use much of it otherwise. A gallon lasts me about a couple of weeks. It’s either 1% or 2%, depending on whether I bought it from Walgreen’s or Aldi (Aldi is cheaper, but only has 2%, and is enough further away that I don’t bother unless I need other groceries too).

I also use other dairy products, especially cheese and sometimes yogurt and butter, but I don’t track how much of those.

About a gallon of week by myself.

Most of the consumption happens at dinner where I’ll have a glass or two per meal. If I have a cookies and milk dessert I’ll have some there too.

I rarely eat breakfast, but the times I do it’s usually leftover pizza or muffins. I’ll drink milk with both of those as well. I love the stuff.

I haven’t had a glass of milk since childhood, and the thought of doing so now makes me a little gaggy. I use it in the occasional bowl of cereal, and a little cream in my coffee, but that’s it.

haven’t since I was a kid.

I’m a milk girl. Must have at least 2-3 glasses every morning. I drink 2%. Occasionally I will add some Hershey’s chocolate syrup.

I drink somewhere between a pint and a quart of whole milk a day, counting cooking, cereal, beverages, etc. Sometimes more. My family of four goes through about one to two gallons a week, and I probably drink half of it.

I’m a big fan of dairy, and cold, fresh, whole milk in particular. I’m almost positive it has some genetic component, as a large part of my ancestry comes from Germany, Britain and Northern Italy. I can certainly see why someone of Chinese ancestry, for example, would drink/use far less of the stuff.

That’s not even getting into lactose intolerance! The majority of the world’s adults are lactose intolerant, and I feel sorry for all of you, who can’t enjoy a tall glass of cold milk with your birthday cake. And what do you dip your cookies in?? If Sally Struthers aired a teary-eyed commercial to fight lactose intolerance, I’d donate in a heartbeat.

I don’t make yogurt, and I have cereal almost every day, but this is pretty close to me. I also have milk with dinner most nights. 1-2 gallons of milk a week. I like milk. :slight_smile:

I eat a lot of yogurt and ice cream, and put cream in my coffee. But I rarely drink milk.

I never drink milk. I didn’t like it as a kid either.

I’m somewhat lactose intolerant - happened when I was in my late 40’s. I never know when it’s going to affect me, so to be safe I drink lactose-free skim milk. My husband is just noticing intolerance now too. It takes us about a week and a half to use up a 1/2 gallon. We use it on cereal mostly or if eating something sweet or anything with peanut butter. In the winter I like cocoa.

I didn’t grow up drinking milk with supper. UGH! I grew up in the 60’s & 70’s when Kool-Aid was king!! I’ve never been able to drink milk with a meal other than breakfast. When I see someone drinking milk with pizza or spaghetti it seems so wrong. Now I usually have ice water or a diet Coke with my lunches and suppers.