Milk is Gross! Who's with me?

I really don’t understand why people would ruin the yumminess of cookies and cake with something as vile as milk. Kinda like washing down a delicious [insert your favorite food here] with a glass of nice, chunky vomit.

O p a l C a t
www.opalcat.com

Opal,Amen! I always thought milk hid the flavor of cookies. I always drink water with my cake. Did anyone else ever notice that if you eat ice cream,and drink milk to wash it down,you get really thirsty?

Oh, puh-leeze!

What else are you supposed to dunk your cookies/donuts/graham crackers in? Milk is THE number one dunking liquid, with coffee a distant second. And what do you put in that coffee?

Without milk there would be no triple-decker sundaes topped with whipped cream, nuts, and a cherry. Without milk there would be no savory Danish Havarti cheese to put on your grilled-cheese sandwich. Without milk there would be less saturated fat in your system. Okay, so maybe you should try lower-fat milk. But still!

Coconut milk gives me a rash. I am VIOLENTLY allergic to soy milk and other products made with soybeans (which are a pestilence upon this earth IMO). Milk doesn’t bother me a bit! <font size="-2">Okay, so maybe it bothers people around me when I get gas, but. . .</font>

Got milk?
–Sylence

And now, for my next trick, I will talk in spooky half-references.

I am not against things MADE from milk, just drinking milk itself. I enjoy chocolate chip cookies, but I won’t eat baking soda plain either.

Personally, I don’t enjoy the whole “dunking” thing at all… I don’t like my cookies soggy. I actually tried dipping a cookie in milk once, a long time ago. I spit out the one bite I took and threw away the rest. Extremely gross.

Now, that said, I will on occassion get a wild hair up my ass and dip a cookie in coffee…

O p a l C a t
www.opalcat.com

Milk is good for cooking (or putting over cereal) and weaning babies off the breast/formula can. There is no reason to suck down two 8 oz. glasses of milk everyday…you get plenty of it from other dairy products. If you’re not a cheeseaholic or an ice cream junkie, take a calcium pill.

I don’t have anything at all against milk, I rather enjoy it with my pancakes or oatmeal… I just don’t see why something that needs to be pasteurized and homogenized before it’s considered drinkable can also be considered necessary.

I’d also like to point out that I correctly spelled “pasteurized”, “homogenized” and “necessary” without looking them up first. Thank you, thank you.

Finally: What’s the point of drinking coffee if you’re just gonna ruin it with milk and/or sugar??? Ugh…like drinking candy. Make mine a regular.

“…all the prettiest girls live in Des Moines…”
–Jack Kerouac, On the Road

Actually you don’t have to pasteurize and homogenize it before drinking it. They homogenize it so that it tastes the same every time you buy it, kinda takes the fun out of it in my opinion. They pasteurize it to extend shelf life. As for the web site that seems to keep popping up…
http://www.afpafitness.com/MILKDOC.HTM

I could take some time to go through it for you and tell you some of the misconceptions it promotes as well as some of the out of context statements it makes but it would take awhile.
It’s nice that people believe everything they read on the internet, reaffirms my belief that the human race is a trusting bunch.

Wait a minute. That’s milk on Yasmine’s upper lip?

We go through 2-3 gallons of milk a week at my house. Love it. Sorry.

If it makes you feel any better, Diane, Opal, I know the guys who do the milk mustache ads and they told me the lip decor is comprised largely of melted ice cream - it sticks better.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
–Einstein

I cannot deal with stuff in my coffee. Bleah. I used to work at Dunkin Donuts, and they have a very particular way of doing the cream/sugar thing for their coffee (it’s supposed to be uniform across the country, but I digress). The cream that they use is 18% butterfat. Stuff tastes like lard. Apparently it’s good in the coffee, though.

okay, back to the milk slamming!

Homogenization, sure…but I believe what I read when it comes from M-W.

BTW, I’ve never seen/searched for/read through any anti-milk websites or other anti-milk literature.

“…all the prettiest girls live in Des Moines…”
–Jack Kerouac, On the Road

The reason I linked to that site was that it had been linked to in another thread over in GQ and that it mentions the pus remark that Opal mentions in the OP. And it’s those organisms that make the milk go sour faster.

Milk. I rarely drink it, but it doesn’t bother me.

On the other hand, all these references to pus, vomit, and snot are making me rather nauseous…

The Minty One

I’ve said this before on another thread, but here goes. I’m lactose intolerant, and I developed a strong distaste for milk when I was about three. My mom and sister were trying to get me to drink powdered milk. They would always mix it up so it was either too watery, or a heavy gruel. Added to which, my sister was not above holding my nose with one hand and pushing the glass against my mouth with the other. By the time I got to kindergarten, I would have drunk crab juice before I would have drunk milk, and it was just my luck to be in the same kindergarten as the minister’s daughter, who never missed a chance to berate me for wasting food. I don’t fault her for that, though; she probably got the same lecture every night if she left one corn kernel on her plate, and she just had to unload on someone else. Anyway, I don’t drink milk.

Remember, I’m pulling for you; we’re all in this together.
—Red Green

Ahh, but you still used the spell checker.

[quote]

Finally: What’s the point of drinking coffee if you’re just gonna ruin it with milk and/or
sugar??? Ugh…like drinking candy. Make mine a regular.

[quote]

I agree, milk just ruins the whole coffee flavor. I like mine black with just a hint of sugar to put the coffee at the line between bitter and sweet. Ahhhhhh, nothing like a perfect cup o’ coffee. And I’m not a daily drinker, I drink coffee only occasionally.