Milk is Gross! Who's with me?

When I stopped drinking milk,and started on soy-milk,I stopped getting upper respiratoru infections every winter. My son isn’t even on it anymore,and his tomach stopped hurting too.

Yumm Soy-Milk(Wretch!) Talk about disgusting…

I drink at least a quart of real milk every day. What the hell else are you supposed to eat Oreos with!?!?

“Teaching without words and work without doing are understood by very few.”
-Tao Te Ching

Oh please…milk rocks! I drink the stuff every single day, at least 3-4 glasses. I drink both 2% and skim (recently went down to that, due to fat content). However, my big question is a classic from Calvin and Hobbes:

HOW DID PEOPLE COME UP WITH THE IDEA TO DRINK MILK? DID SOME GUY JUST SAY, “HMM, I GUESS I’LL DRINK WHATEVER COMES OUT OF THESE”?

People are stupid. That’s all that ever needs to be said.

Opal - You will be happy to know you won’t have to resort to such things. If anything resembling the taste of chocolate ever does come out of any of my orifices, I’ll let you know…

Yer pal,
Satan

Whoowhee! I don’t wanna be near this discussion when Imthecowgodmoo checks in! So, you have something *against<i/> swilling bovine lacatation?

Actually, this and the “hate eggs” thread remind me of some nice little SF riffs, where common foods are described accurately. “Wouldn’t you like some feathered reptilian embryos, dear?”

Milk is only okay in my book. I can drink it, but rarely crave it. Hey, now that there’s calcium-boosted OJ, why choke down the white stuff? But it is the only, ONLY drink (ice cold) to accompany chocolate chip cookie dough, Girl Scout Thin Mints, and with copious slugs of vodka and Kahlua.

Soy milk is an abomination.

Veb

Yeah, but…who’ll let you know? {g}

I like banana milk. Nobody else in this durn country seems to, it’s near impossible to find. And it’s a bit of a weak brand when I do. Back home it was everywhere, it was cheap, and I consumed it like a banshee (whatever that means). Here, if it’s in the store at all, it’s way at the back of the fridges, behind all the trendy shit, even behind the strawberry milk which I can’t stand. I don’t like chocolate milk either. Ugh!

I haven’t drunk standard milk on its own in months! Hope it doesn’t kill me.

-PIGEONMAN-
Hero For A New Millennium!

The Legend Of PigeonMan - updates every Wed & Sat

Opal, like you, I don’t like milk but like most other dairy products including chocolate milk.

I can’t easily tell if milk has gone bad or not because it ALWAYS smells faintly like vomit to me.

Oh, I checked that ad again, and you’re right: she does have a milk mustache. Musta missed that when I first looked at it.

Oh yeah Opal, those milk mustaches really make me want to hurl. Even worse, is those little drops of milk in a real mustache.

:::shiver:::

FWIIW, I love chocolate milk and strawbery yogurt.

>^,^<
KITTEN
Please tell your pants it’s not polite to point.

Oblio: I always wondered why humans are the only mammal to consume milk after they are weaned ? Oh yeah, I almost forgot, the (taxpayer funded IIRC) dairy council bombards us with ‘Got Milk’ propaganda.

I hate those adds, but the only taxpayers that pay for those adds, are the milk producers themselves. Like it or not every bit of milk they produce is accessed for advertising.

Oblio:

Ooh, by the way, havn’t you seen cats and other animals lap up milk when available.

It just doesn’t seem fair to funneefarmer and his peers. That would be like all windoze programmers having to send a portion of their paychecks to Redmond to help splatter ‘Where do you want to crash today’ ads around the country.

funnefarmer - Do you mind paying the exorti… er fee to the big guys. Is it worth the $$ ? What’s the consensus among the folks that you know ? From what I can tell, you ARE the resident expert on the subject, from a producer standpoint at least. I’m sure that there are alot of factors that the TM (that only consume dairy products) are not aware of.

Re: Cats et. al. lapping milk
I think that is a result of human domestication of mammals. How often would that occur in the wild? Tis a good point though WRT to other species fondness for milk. I’ve heard that it is not good to feed weaned cats/dogs milk (at least in anything but small amounts) but I don’t know if that is true. I was too scared to find a big mess in the morning to find out.

Milk, eh, I can take it or leave it…except…If I’m eating something very chocolaty…I’ve got to either have a glass of milk with it, or vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Also, I like milk in my coffee.

–Gail
“Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place.” --John Cleese

Regular milk I can take or leave. But chocolate milk? Fugetaboutit. I LOVE it!

And other dairy products? Oh yeah. Ice cream, chocolate, and cheese.

I’m sorry this post isn’t more thought provocing(sp), but I’m outta chocolate milk, and I got the shakes.

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

milk, actually, is unhealthy. humans are the only animals to drink milk after being weaned off the breast (except cats as mentioned earlier). now let’s say you’re drinking cow’s milk. you think that’s good for you? first compare the size of a cow to yourself. then consider the fact that a cow has more stomachs than you. imagine all the processes that milk has to go through. in a chemistry course i took, my teacher went into great depth on the poisons of milk. but i agree that chocolate milk is delicious, and i cannot resist ice cream or mozzerella cheese. but that multiple stomach thing bothers me.

Um, LemonGrl? I think the multiple stomachs are necessary for digesting grass, not milk.

As far as I’m concerned, milk’s a big improvement on calcium tablets.

“I’m not sure who’s watching TV these days, but they’re not getting any smarter.”

I agree, Opal. Though I remember a time when I liked milk. Milk was different when my folk worked on the dairy; I think it helped having it fresh, whole, and bottled in glass. Skim milk, low fat, no fat, or 2 percent, in plastic or paper cartons, that’s been sitting in a store for a few days is nasty. I put it on cereal, and I like chocolate milk, but otherwise I can’t tolerate drinking a glass of the stuff.

“I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it,” Jack Handy

The Kat House
Join the FSH Webring

Actually, the milk thing isn’t just personal preference. Folks of northern European extraction are hypolactators, i.e. able to process milk in its raw form much more easily than the human norm. Milk is usually food/fuel for the very young.
(Sorry, dairy farmers! human consumption of raw milk just isn’t that “normal”)
Most people (i.e. human kind) can’t process milk that easily. Milk products are usually processed into cheese, etc. and used that way. Many cultures regard even “processed” milk with revulsion. (Name some good Chinese dishes featuring cheese. Won’t happen.)
It’s more than sad; our all-American, hearty shipment of milk to distressed areas caused death, not health.
But it’s still great with chocolate chip cookie dough.

Veb

Why? What does the size of the cow have to do with milk? Just curious.

Anyway, I don’t do liquid milk. I will drink the occasional glass of warm milk, if I’m having trouble sleeping, but that’s it. I don’t like the taste of cold milk, and whole vitamin-D milk I swear tastes like Crisco. Bleah.

I can eat me some cheese, though. Oh boy, do I love cheese. Cheese is the food of the Goddess. :::wipes drool from chin:::

I love ice cream, too, but I can’t eat much of it. I’m lactose-intolerant, and trust me when I say you do not want to be around me after I’ve had that third bowl of Moose Tracks. But hey, I’ve got to get my calcium somehow. :slight_smile:

I will drink milk, but only the 1% kind. Any higher and it tastes like cream to me. I don’t usually drink it alone because after a while I get a sour aftertaste in my mouth. I only drink it with certain things (cookies, cake, occasionally spicy stuff if we run out of soda (Water worsens the heat IMHO). I LOVE cheese and other dairy products, yum!