Milwaukee Folk: See Animal Crackers!

We drove up to Milwaukee, the Broadway Theatre Center is doing a revival of the Marx Brothers’ stage production of ANIMAL CRACKERS (which was later made into the movie, with many changes.) It’s a delight, wonderful fun, the guys playing Harpo, Chico, and Groucho are very believable and it’s got the right feeling of zany ad-lib. So, I highly recommend it if you’re looking for some fun entertainment.

Cool. Maybe I’ll look into tix for the family!

Next time you’re hitting theaters in MKE, let me know, Dex! I’ll buy the seats behind you, and talk during the performance! :wink:

This sounds so cool. I just watched it again a few weeks ago, and was wondering if Animal Crackers could ever be done on stage again. It’s only a five hour drive for me to go to Milwaukee, is it worth it?

Here’s another painful thought: when will Hollywood start remaking Marx Brothers movies? Yikes!

I don’t think most of hollywood knows who the marx bros are. I suspect that’s a good thing.

I saw the ad in the paper last weekend and thought about it, but thought it would be a disappointment. I didn’t know it was originally a stage show, I guess I should know more about the Marx Bros. than just their movies.

I’ll see if Mrs. West is interested, sounds like a great time.

There was a movie years ago called Brain Donors. If you like the Marx Brothers (I love 'em!), watch it. It’s not a -great- movie, by any stretch, but it is definately an homage to the Brothers, and the folks doing it definately ‘get’ it. ;j

Our next venture is in March, Qadgop, for “Tintypes.” Hmmm.

I LOVE the Marx Brothers!

My question is, why the heck didn’t this come along in January when I was IN Milwaukee?

I always seem to be in the right place, but at the wrong time. Crap.