Mini Cooper

The mini is NOT as small as people make it out to be. I drove past a CRX and my car was way bigger than it.
As for it being a wee death on wheels, Its a very safe car. 6 airbags, etc. Least my car won’t needlessly rollover. :wink:

I would really recommend the S if you can swing it. The best thing to do is to test drive it and decide for yourself.

The other thing I highly recommend is to get the extra wheel insurance on your car. The mini has run flat tires. Should one need replacing, you are looking at big bucks.

Another thing, if you haven’t done it already, is to go to the mini site and build your mini. It will give you prices on all the features.

Personally, I’d rather have an original one from the 1960s than the new BMW one. But then, I have an affinity for '60s-vintage British cars.

[sub]Just a quick one…

Why to the English drink warm beer?

Lucas makes their refrigerators.

:D[/sub]

“The mini is NOT as small as people make it out to be.”

It looks low to the ground, how is getting in/out of it? Personally,I like the height of a truck, easier to get in/out of.

My sister is getting a Mini. Her husband is 6’4, and he claims he can sit in the passenger seat comfortably without his feet touching the front floorboard.

They are supposed to be very safe as determined by crash tests. My sister is a breast cancer survivor, and she deserves anything she wants. So she’s trading in the mini-van for the Mini, and I can’t wait to see her driving it.

BTW, she has been following it’s “progress” at the factory on the Internet, and received the “birth announcement” recently. How cute is that???

I don’t have any problems. I am the opposite off you, however. I dislike the heights of trucks. Mr Babs is 6’0" and he has no problem either.

See the pic near the middle of this page to see how big the new minis are compared to the original.