Mini Tampa Dopefest at Skipper's TONIGHT (Dec 30)

That’s pretty much the long and short of it. Bluesman and Lucretia will be there, along with me and Mrs. Shibb. Any and all are welcome to join. Also, it was Lucretia’s birthday yesterday, so she’s due for birthday spankings.

Here’s a link to Skipper’s Smokehouse, a venerable north Tampa institution.

Skipper’s Smokehouse
910 Skipper Road
Tampa, FL 33613

Phone: (813) 971 - 0666

Directions from North - I-275 to Bearss exit, then left one block to Nebraska. Go right on Nebraska for 1/4 mile to Skipper Road. Turn left and then left into parking lot.

Directions from South or East - I-275 N to Fletcher exit, then right one block to Nebraska. Go left on Nebraska to Skipper Road. Turn right and then left into parking lot.

If you don’t know one of the above crew by sight then it’s probably a good idea to let us know if you’re coming so we can recognize you somehow.

Also, we are extremely cool, tons-o-fun type people that everyone should hang out with. Anyone who attempts to spank me better have been working out, because otherwise your arm will get waaaay tired.

What time is this cornucopia of festivity?

We plan to get to the restaurant to eat at around 6. If you don’t wish to indulge in some of the best blackened grouper evahr, then the music starts sometime between 7:30 and 8.

Looks like I’ll have to take a rain check. I just can’t get up there quick enough.

Well, if it were any other night this week, I’d be there. Alas, I have an awesome concert to attend tonight, so I won’t be able to make it (again). :frowning: You folks have fun! I love Skipper’s, and it’s a beautiful day to be there. Next time…

Damnit! I just saw this thread. I can’t make it because I have the little one with this weekend. You guys need to send out emails when things like this come up.

BTW, anyone going to First Night in St. Pete tomorrow?

I just saw the thread, darn!

Alas, I have to work from 10a-1030p tonight, so no revelry for me…

I used to live in the Tampa Bay area, and I really miss Skipper’s. Sigh…
You all should have an awesome time. Have one for me too!

It’s not all bad though. I have some most excellent microbrew winter ales to console myself with :smiley:

I wish I could have gone, but Orlando is just too far away, and I had plans anyway. I’ll be in Tampa once or twice a month in the coming months, so I hope I can meet some Tampa Dopers some time soon, perhaps at another Dopefest.

Ha ha… Good food, good folks, good times… you all missed it. Just kidding, we did have good eats and a good time.

Amp, isn’t first night the first Friday of the month? This would be the last, no?
Also, next time you have the little tyke and we’re going out, let us know. You can park him with our kids.

Crap! I missed it! We were in Tampa for our Christmas present and we just got back. I’m so tired I feel like I’m drunk, but we had a blast at Busch Gardens.

This is what I meant by First Night 2006. We just got back from it. We had a blast! We walked all of downtown St. Pete for over eight hours.

Anyway, next time the Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater Dopers get together I am so there. As long as I get ample notification.